Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Wakeboarding - 08' RXT-X or Wake?

Hey guys I am new to the forum and glad to see that this community is so active.

I am a past Kawasaki 550 jet ski rider/racer (still have it). Now that I have a wife and two Kids ( and (6), I have decided to purchase a RXT-X or wake board model.

This boat will be used for riding around and teaching my kids to knee board, ski and wakeboard.

I absolutely love the features and preformance of the RXT-X. But, the features of the Wake 215 hp. model (not a fan of the color) might better suite our application.

I understand that it is possible to add the center ski pole and/or the balast system to the RXT-X.

So, with this being said, I was wondering if you all might give me some personal suggestions that will make my decision making easier.

I sincerely appreciate your input an help.

I ski behind my 05 RXT. I got the seadoo pylon and like it.

From what i have read the current Seadoo ski pylon does not fit the RXT-X. The external intercooler is in the way for where the pylon goes. The intercooler would have to be relocated. I don't think anyone has a kit to do that yet.

I believe the balast tank fits but i really don't know on that part.

The RXT has more than enough power to pull and just the RXT-X has more.

Unless you must buy brand new find something with the colors you like. The wake is the same as an RXT. You can add the wake board racks, pylon and maybe balast(?) to any RXT.

As far as getting a big wake for boarding, i wouldn't expect the wake of a ski to ever compare to the wake of a actual boat, ballast or not. I say that just so you don't get disapointed by the wake size and i don't know what skill level you are going for.

Anything else is perfect behind a ski. I found my ski to be better than a boat for tubing, although my family gets kind of wild on the tube. We're all kids at heart.
    Last edited by HoopsRXT; 04-27-2008 at 11:30 AM.

+1
    Most people wake skate behind pwc's ...I have found that when pulling a hard edge on a wake board behind an rxt that I can almost stop the ski...I usually ride behind my malibu so I am spoiled ...for the same money I would buy a good used inbored/outbored boat and take the whole family out. jmho

we bought an 04 gtx sc and had the ski pole installed no problem. Dealer threw it on for free with the purchase. It pulls people great, just make sure you have a long rope cuz these skis kick up a tail in your face! I kinda agree with txgp1300r on the just going and buying a older ski boat for the same money. its really up to you and how much you think you'll use it. If your taking your whole family along then a boat might be better for you. We had an outboard 18ft ski boat and once we bought our skis we hardly ever used it. Its just easier to take the skis to the lake

We got a GTX w/the optional the ski pole. So far it's working great.
    has a built-in handle which is nice -especially for people who aren't familiar with sitting backwards etc.

For teaching kids and pulling tubes it works great. It's been perfect for us so far.

Like others have mentioned- if you want a big wake you'll need a boat.
    But with young kids, that could be years away. good luck.

+1
    You cant fit the ski pole to a rxt-x because the intercooler is right below where it needs to go through the hull. This is not an issue with the older rxt's as the intercooler is fitted into the intake manifold. hope this may help to make you decision. The rxt and wake 215 are basicaly the same boat jus diff colours. I think that when the intercooler relocation kit comes out for the x models it would be possible to fit a pole to the T-X, plus the hole shot on the X modles is very strong so this may make it a hard boat to hold onto for the kids imo. I am a big lad and i find it hard to hold onto my rxp at times. Hope this all makes sense thanks R8

+1
    welcome to the forum tritonbassman

Thank you all very much for the input. I was finding it a really hard decision to make. We are going to store the sea do at my parents lake house (Lake Texoma) on a lift. So, the Sea Doo will essentially work better then a ski boat. I as simply wanting to get my little kids involved in water sports like I was (when I was lots younger). My concern was that I might not be as happy buying the 215 HP (Wakeboard) model as buying the 255 HP. But goodness, 215 hp has got to be more then enough to pull a kid and teach him how to ski, kneeboard, tube and wakeboard.

So, I sincerely appreciate all the help and thank you for the nice greeting. I look forward to watching this forum closely.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritonbassman View Post
    Thank you all very much for the input. I was finding it a really hard decision to make. We are going to store the sea do at my parents lake house (Lake Texoma) on a lift. So, the Sea Doo will essentially work better then a ski boat. I as simply wanting to get my little kids involved in water sports like I was (when I was lots younger). My concern was that I might not be as happy buying the 215 HP (Wakeboard) model as buying the 255 HP. But goodness, 215 hp has got to be more then enough to pull a kid and teach him how to ski, kneeboard, tube and wakeboard.

So, I sincerely appreciate all the help and thank you for the nice greeting. I look forward to watching this forum closely.
    215 hp could easily b too much if you are not carefull with the throttle. i have pulled to guys behind my rxp 1 on skis the other on a wake board. no problems. i am about 125kg and it picks me up just fine so no worris about the power side of things. i think that any of the 4tec three seaters would suit you as i believe they can allhave the ski pole added. GTX, Wake edition, RXT so have a good look around you will find the right thing for you.

I have the 07 wake SC and just bought a rxt-x yesterday. I also have a air nautique, so my answer will be biased.

Get the rxt-x. I found I only used the wake to pull tubes. I also have little kids and if you are teaching them to wakeboard, you actually do not want a wake until they are advanced enough to think about jumping it. The pylon is too low to get the true benefit of a tower and the "eye" on the back of any ski is adequate for pulling. the extra $1000 for the ballast and pylon is better applied toward the rxt-x.

Besides, your kids friends at age 6 would rather tube if they are like my kids friends.

Either way, you will not go wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information