Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problem with 95 Polaris SLT 750

I ran my 95 slt 750 yesterday...first I started it out of the water and it seemed to run fine but then i put it in the lake and I started to drive it and I gave it some gas and it started to bog out but if you kept on the throttle it would stay going but if you let go it would die out...I was thinking I need a new impeller but Im not too sure yet so if someone could help me out that would be great...

Thanks

your fuel delivery system needs to be checked out. it runs fine out of the water huh? but once in the water with "load" on the motor its a no go. whats the service histrory of your slt 750 huh?

oh yeah...................you can/will completely ruin/damage the motor if you continue to bog it out....................its seems it is running very lean which will cause the pistons and cylinders to run very very hot and kaboom....................!

not sure about the service history I bought it from an older couple down the road..but thanks for the help..I will check out the fuel lines and see what they look like. I also checked out the carbs and they seem pretty clean to me. When its on the water it will bog out if you dont keep on the gas and it will not reach above 4200 rpms..

checked out the carbs internally huh? how about the fuel pump? these items need repairing/replacing with rebuilt kits every so often. these parts become weak/tired and do not work no more. these items need rebuilding. what you can do is open the low and high carburetor set screws and see if it improves the ridability. open them up a 1/4 each on all carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2516 View Post
    not sure about the service history I bought it from an older couple down the road..but thanks for the help..I will check out the fuel lines and see what they look like. I also checked out the carbs and they seem pretty clean to me. When its on the water it will bog out if you dont keep on the gas and it will not reach above 4200 rpms..

oh yeah. have about a half a tank of fuel. low fuel level will cause the motor to enter into a low rpm mode indicating to refuel.

unscrew the the set screw 1/4 turn out on each screw/carburetor and see if that improves it. and you dont need a new fuel pump. your existing fuel pump can be rebuilt and it's be better than new cuase now you have a service history of it. also them carbs to be on the safe side should be taken out and rebuilt also. inside the carbs there is a fuel filter in each one and also a diaphram which looses its strenth and and looses its ability to pump fuel fuel.................thats how the ball bounces and what should be done. summer is a coming just around that first bend there. not doing this will/can ruin your boat. be a shame if this does happen. 2 stroke motors are very delicate machines. lack of fuel will ruin your whole jetski experience........enjoyment....................car b rebuilt kits run about $40.00 for each carb and a little less for the fuel pump rebuilt kit.

hey..i appreciate your help. So would I loosen the set screws that hold the carbs in then/?? Sorry I haven't been working on jet skis for too long. So you would recommend a new fuel pump then?? Should I also replace the lines too?? I've had it running fine in the water a week or two ago but it just started acting up like this 1-2 days ago..

Thanks,
    Cubsfan

Ok I will see what I can do..I know someone who can do carb rebuilds but not sure on the fuel pump. I will try loosing the set screws and see what that does and let you know if it still does it or not..but do you think I should get new fuel lines as well or not? I checked out one or two of them and they didnt look dirty..just wondering if that would help at all.

replacing the fuel lines will help. old fuel lines fall aprt internally or even collaspe. is there not an external fuel filter inline with the hose coming from the fuel tank huh? also the selctor valve/petcock can be malfunctioning clogged and not letting fuel to go through. actually since there is no service records on the 750, the whole fuel system should be gone through completely.

It has the external fuel filter but that one is clean and isn't clogged. I will also get some new fuel lines today and see if that does anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information