Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dead o4 gtx sc whats wrong?

Tried to dewinterize our ski today and the thing wont start. Took the battery out before winter and kept it charged on a 2 amp trickle. Well i went to put it back in and start it and I think its dead. Ski beeps then the screen goes blank. I can hear clicking noises coming from the motor anyone have any ideas?

i think your battery is dead you are not suppose to charge the batterie with a 2 amp trickle only with a 1 amp trickle.

ask me how i know its because i always used a 1 amp for years and all is fine and at the last months of winter i baught a 2 amp trickle automatic and it did the same as yours.

i put my old batterie on and will only click then go blank and even say key and go blan.

you may have burnt one or a couple of your cells with the 2 amp trickel.

get a new batterie and it will start

do an amprege test on the old one or do a test at the auto place near you.

my brother told me i burnt it he did a load test electronic computer test and it failed

hope it helps
    Last edited by daverxp4; 04-27-2008 at 01:02 PM.

I took the battery to adavnce auto they said it was fine. They guy said it needed a little bit of water added to it so i did that. Im trying to charge it again now and see what happpens.

Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    I took the battery to adavnce auto they said it was fine. They guy said it needed a little bit of water added to it so i did that. Im trying to charge it again now and see what happpens.

did you add distilled water?
    make sure you charge it with a 1 amp tricle charge and not 2 amp.

Tried to dewinterize our ski today and the thing wont start. Took the battery out before winter and kept it charged on a 2 amp trickle. Well i went to put it back in and start it and I think its dead. Ski beeps then the screen goes blank. I can hear clicking noises coming from the motor anyone have any ideas?
    If this is an '04 battery, it's living on borrowed time. I changed my '03 GTX SC battery for the same reason last spring. For the 4 years I had a lead-acid battery, the ski occassionally wouldn't start. After I put in an Odyssey battery, it hasn't done that again.... Ron

what did they do? load test the battery? check the electrolytes? specific gravity?

check your ground/engine block connections, check to see that the positive cable on the solenoid are tight...

what about what he said at the beginning of his post 2 amps charge,am i the only one that was told that it is not good to use that kind of amprege as it will destry or burn one or more of the leds?

Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4 View Post
    what about what he said at the beginning of his post 2 amps charge,am i the only one that was told that it is not good to use that kind of amprege as it will destry or burn one or more of the leds?
    I always used a 2 amp charger on all the wet/dry cell, never had a problem...

The way I solve this problem is a new battery every year. Been down this path before and I swore to myself, never again. So a new battery every year and I don't have a starting problem. It's only my 0.02$ worth.

Is there a charging system on our skis?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information