RXT`s 1st and 2nd in Cook Straight race

Well it wasn`t really a Cook straight race as it was too rough and had to be moved to the inner harbour. Format was 3 x 40 min races in windy conditions with 1 to 1 1/2 metre waves. 97 ski`s started the race and 1st place went to a Les Cooke B kit RXT and 2nd to a Riva stage 2 RXT. The Les Cooke b kit ski was comfortably faster than the Riva ski and won all three races. Sadly my ski blew a head gasket in a big way at the begining of the first race. We took the spark plugs out and turned her over and she was spitting lots of water aout of #1 and #2 Frustrating as my ski on paper should have been able to stay with the winning RXT,whether I could have stayed with the 16 yer old riding it for long it is doubtful though!

Sorry to hear that about your GTX Chris. You seem to be having some bad luck with that thing this year. What is next, a repair/rebuild or moving on to an RXT?

Re: RXT`s 1st and 2nd in Cook Straight race

Quote Originally Posted by CRS
    Format was 3 x 40 min races in windy conditions with 1 to 1 1/2 metre waves. 97 ski`s started the race and 1st place went to a Les Cooke B kit RXT and 2nd to a Riva stage 2 RXT.
    This is what i always say, this RXT'S hull's are very hard to beat in rough water riding conditions, sorry for your bad luck with your ski

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Sorry to hear that about your GTX Chris. You seem to be having some bad luck with that thing this year. What is next, a repair/rebuild or moving on to an RXT?
    Yeah,0 for2 this season,not a good start. Got a number of people pushing me to ditch the old girl for a new ski but then theres the whole RXP vs RXT arguement as I`d probably run in the stock class.But I`d really like to get the GTX running nice and reliable and annoy those P and T riders. Gives me somthing to think about while I pluck up courage to pull the Head.Got a feeling its going to be pretty ugly with the amount of water she was spitting out.

Thread Information