+1

Ever raced an air boat?

Today JK(another forum member) and I were out on the peace river and we came across an extremely fast air boat. We pulled up next to him at about 40mph 3 wide and we put it to the bar. I could not believe this air boat pulled with Jk and I up to about 73mph wich is were my rxp tops out and him and Jk pulled by me after that. JKs boat does 82mph. It sounded like the airboat was playing the throttle like he was spinning the prop from overpowering it. I would have never thought an air boat could be that fast. It looked pretty harry to drive though.
    Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

+1
    I built a single turbo engine for an airboat a couple years ago. The engine made 930 hp and 1070 ft-lb of torque. We ran the airboat on the GPS and it did 60 mph before he backed out of it because it started getting unstable. Honestly, it wasn't accelerating that fast so I don't think it had that much more in it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Today JK(another forum member) and I were out on the peace river and we came across an extremely fast air boat. We pulled up next to him at about 40mph 3 wide and we put it to the bar. I could not believe this air boat pulled with Jk and I up to about 73mph wich is were my rxp tops out and him and Jk pulled by me after that. JKs boat does 82mph. It sounded like the airboat was playing the throttle like he was spinning the prop from overpowering it. I would have never thought an air boat could be that fast. It looked pretty harry to drive though.
    Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
    I bet that running from a dead stop would be a different story. Air is gong to slip more than water... Ron

Thread Information