used rxp worth buying?

i really want to buy a new ski i have tried to talk myself into something besides seadoo but its what i owned in the past and what i really want.
    i have read alot about the problems with the bearings in the rxp "its even on wikipedia" and now im not sure it would be worth buying a used rxp.
    new is not in my budget because i have to buy a pair one for me and one for the wife. so would a used say 2004-05 rxp be a mistake? what does it take to replace the ceramic bearings cost wise? is it something that someone who would only ride about 50 hrs a year in fresh water would really have to worry about? what do you suggest get the rxp or another performance craft.

I Would get the RXP and if you do you should defiantly replace the ceramic washers in the supercharger. I believe it is $75 to change the superchrger washers through green hulk which is a good deal. you can find the information about the washers on the left side of your screen in the links section and click on SC Rebuild Service.

+1
    welcome to the forum.
    And yes, its definitely more cost effective if you find a good deal on a used one. I believe there is a 2006 Maya Gold RXP right now in the classified for 6500. and do as mentioned above above and send the SC of to Jerry for washer replacement.

here it is http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=maya+gold+rxp

so did u make your decision?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Where are you located? I have an '04 RXP and an '05 RXT for sale with metal washers installed and both have less than 40 hours. $13,500 for both with double trailer in North Carolina.

I'm in the Cincinnati area but I'm not ready to buy just yet I'm still trying to make the best decision.
    i am going to replace my quad next year and will probably buy a quad of the same make as my pwc. so that pretty much so makes it a toss up between sea doo and Yamaha "I don't like Kawasaki" to bad Polaris bailed on pwcs.

I have a 04 RXP and never had any problem with it I only used it in saltwater twice I Use the nearby lakes! lots of them nearby and don't have to worry about all the cleaning from saltwater. but very well maintained, garaged Kept, and Covered! 128hrs under warranty 7K!

+1
    welcome to the forum Hector

Thread Information