Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Speed venturi from PPG...

Yesterday I got the venturi from PPG. I haven't taken the ski out of the water or even held the two together to see the difference, but the one I got looks somewhat stock. Jerry (Hulk), when I saw yours it looked like it had an insert and a substantial difference in the nozzle tapering. Are the newer ones PPG is putting out the same? Mine was painted all black.

Hope to get it on this week. Also got the free flow exhaust and will be doing the waterbox mod while I'm in it.

+1
    ...and what can I anticipate from this mod in terms of noticeable acceleration or top end?

My current mods are PPG Level 1 and some handling stuff like no OPAS and Riva sponsons.

+1
    the one you saw in my pic was a prototype and it wasnt painted. my venturi im currently using is all black and looks stock.

If you put a ruler up against the stock vs speed venturi you will see the speed vent. is 1mm smaller.

I saw minimal gains with the venturi while using my stock impeller. Once i switched to the Solas my gains were nearly 2 mph with my setup. I dont know why an impeller would make a difference, but it did.

+1
    Only 1mm smaller?!?!?! I wouldn't expect that much in gains, but if you say so. Ashame that such an insignificant difference costs a lot in modifying. I do have a repitched Solas (part of the Level 1) so I'm hoping for that 2 mph gain you mention. I was really hoping for some extra hole shot.

+1
    Well, to get extra hole shot you will need a bigger venturi. Like Skat Trak now offers. The larger the venturi the more holeshot, the smaller the more top speed.

I really wish i knew how much speed could be gained with a lightly modded ski with the venturi VS. what i have. I hate to say it, but i think the more heavily modded the greater the gains with the venturi.

Well Jerry, I only have the Lvl one on mine for now. My next step has changed some. I plan on getting the RIVA Sponsons for it and then a PPG venturi, 2 degree wedge and the extended RD nozzel, so once I have that done I can post you with some of the results I have. I have not gone into and of the RR stuff yet, but thinking later this year I might go with that Lvl 2 kit, not sure yet though.

+1
    you cant go wrong with the Rotax Racing products bro!

+1
    Peligroso - I have the level one (the magic fan one) with the Solas 14/19, the OPAS removed, irridium plugs, Riva intake grate, and also have the Riva sponsons and 2 degree wedge. Just got the free flow exhaust, venturi and will do the waterbox mod and hopefully be ready to ride it later this week. I'll post the differences. I'm bummed now that I'm thinking I might lose some punch. That level one really woke it up.

Those sponsons kick ass and the medium slip on the Jettrim seat cover complements it quite well otherwise I'd be tossed. Now I just need a finger throttle (and about $2K more stuff).

+1
    Jerry - do you have any other intercooler for sale (other than stock)? You had quite a few on your ski.

+1
    RX, the original stock one is the only one i have for sale. Im keeping my Rotax Racing intercooler. The other one i had on my ski was just to test it. It was a spearco unit provided to me by Malvin of Turbo Tech in Puerto Rico.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information