Thread: SLT750 WONT RUN

1994 polaris slt750 won't stay running

can anybody help me, since the last 2 years i ran my pwc on the river that's close to my house, it'll run fine for a while then when for bore the hot engine light comes on sometimes. then i kill the engine imediatly, wait the the hot engine light to go off, start and ride, sometimes it comes sometimes it doesn't. then last year near the end of riding season, it'll just shut off comepletly when riding. i wait for a while start it again then ride, sometimes the hot engine light will come on sometimes it won't, then finally i had my son with riding it was running great and the it just shut off comepletly. then it woudn't start again. i let it sit for a couple of days then tried again nothing. i put just a little staring fluid down the carbs it started for a while then it just died. i didn't want to use the starting fluid agian because i think it's not good for it. oh yeh when it was idiling for a while with the starting fluid i pulled the gas line off the fuel pump and nothing was coming out. can someone please tell me what is wrong thanks jughead

+1
    jug, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!
    I'm going to move your post to it's own thread so it'll get some attention.
    My guess is you have a plugged fuel system and or plugged water inlet.
    Check the screen at the water inlet at the pump assembly. Check your waterlines and maybe even pull the domes and checkf or sand or debris within the cooling system.
    From the age of the ski I would be installing new fuel lines, fuel pump etc.
    The very first thing I'd do is check the compression and make sure you haven't hurt the engine...I'm pretty sure you have been seizing the engine.

well if the over heat light is coming on................its probably overheating right? its a shame you didnt check it out immediately before you kept on riding all summer long like that. shame......................as for the fuel.....................thats bad bad bad......................that'l cause the motor to kaboom kaboom kaboom..................

maybe you're low on fuel? clogged guel filter? kinked/bent fuel line? bad fuel pump? bad diaphrams?

and last but not least.................what model boat is it? year/make.............................and also you should start a new thread with your concerns............................

Oh yeah..........................Welcome to Greenhulk....................

oh.........SLT 750 huh? my specialty..............................let her rip!

Quote Originally Posted by la90043 View Post
    well if the over heat light is coming on................its probably overheating right? its a shame you didnt check it out immediately before you kept on riding all summer long like that. shame......................as for the fuel.....................thats bad bad bad......................that'l cause the motor to kaboom kaboom kaboom..................

maybe you're low on fuel? clogged guel filter? kinked/bent fuel line? bad fuel pump? bad diaphrams?

and last but not least.................what model boat is it? year/make.............................and also you should start a new thread with your concerns............................

Oh yeah..........................Welcome to Greenhulk....................

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    jug, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!
    I'm going to move your post to it's own thread so it'll get some attention.
    My guess is you have a plugged fuel system and or plugged water inlet.
    Check the screen at the water inlet at the pump assembly. Check your waterlines and maybe even pull the domes and checkf or sand or debris within the cooling system.
    From the age of the ski I would be installing new fuel lines, fuel pump etc.
    The very first thing I'd do is check the compression and make sure you haven't hurt the engine...I'm pretty sure you have been seizing the engine.
    That sums it up quite well.

Compression test first.
    Clean carbs and new fuel hoses.
    Triple outlet fuel pump for replacement of stocker.

Thread Information