Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

Water injection into R Rated Straight Exhaust

Ok as some of you know that read my project thread I am adding an extra water line coming out of the water distribution block on the pump housing, I was going to T that into the water line coming off the exhaust and run them together in to the R Rated Straight Exhaust, but I got to thinking, theres a lot of pressure going to be coming out of that fitting, what I am getting at is do you think there will be to much pressure that it may push water back into the water jackets in the exhaust manifold?
    I am routing it this way becuase when I installed the R & D Intercooler Upgrade,I had to drill 2 holes and put 2 thru hull fittings in the pump bulkhead one for the extra water in to the intercooler, and one for the water coming out of the exhaust manifold, on the stock set up the hot eshaust water is going into the top of the intercooler .

Or instead of chancing it maybe I should put 2 nipples on the R Rated Exhaust, one of the water from the exhaust manifold and one for the new one from the water block, the reason I am doing this is to quiet the exhaust some, Its not that loud when you are riding it, but when its going down the lake with some one else on it,it is LOUD, like 2 miles away LOUD....

+1
    if you do this and it causes a problem ( I dont think it will ) can you undo it

also got my leak fixed tonight finally now need to water test to be sure

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Ok as some of you know that read my project thread I am adding an extra water line coming out of the water distribution block on the pump housing, I was going to T that into the water line coming off the exhaust and run them together in to the R Rated Straight Exhaust, but I got to thinking, theres a lot of pressure going to be coming out of that fitting, what I am getting at is do you think there will be to much pressure that it may push water back into the water jackets in the exhaust manifold?
    I am routing it this way becuase when I installed the R & D Intercooler Upgrade,I had to drill 2 holes and put 2 thru hull fittings in the pump bulkhead one for the extra water in to the intercooler, and one for the water coming out of the exhaust manifold, on the stock set up the hot eshaust water is going into the top of the intercooler .

Or instead of chancing it maybe I should put 2 nipples on the R Rated Exhaust, one of the water from the exhaust manifold and one for the new one from the water block, the reason I am doing this is to quiet the exhaust some, Its not that loud when you are riding it, but when its going down the lake with some one else on it,it is LOUD, like 2 miles away LOUD....
    i have your solution to obnoctiosly loud . real soon for those ski's. on stock rxp's we are seeing 260 rpm's extra from my muffler, and killer bottom and midrange

+1
    Harry`s ski runs just fine dont give him anymore help

Harry mabe it would work well to inject the water further toward the back in a single wall section of the pipe. Then you could use a jetworx valve to leave it dry at low rpm. It would be set up like the stinger mod on the 150. Mine is set up that way with 2 injection points.

Harry
    I did this mod to my ski. What i did was run the hose from the manifold (the curved bit that joins to the water box) to a t peice to the original muffler water tube this doubled the amount of water into the straight pipe and made it a bit less noisy. It didnt do any damage as i ran it for several hrs like this.
    hope this helps.Hydrojunkie,s muffler looks to be the goods.

rob

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks man , I have added 2 inlets to it today, its been a long day, ill post pics and stuff tomorrow when I am installing it...........

+1

water injection to quiet down exhaust

TTT

anyone else has any feedback on injecting water into the straight pipe or thru hull exhaust to quiet it down??

thanks.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    TTT

anyone else has any feedback on injecting water into the straight pipe or thru hull exhaust to quiet it down??

thanks.
    More water= less noise

Thread Information