Thread: PWCAudio

SkiOnDaBrain

PWCAudio

Does anyone have one of these sound systems on their GPR? If so, i'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions on it. I'm thinking of getting one but dread the installation of this. Was it difficult? Is the sound very good?

Thanks!

+1

Cool Full Wave Audio

The one to have but, you won't hear much wide open, standing up, with a full face helmut on. That's how we ride year round, in the frozen north.
    Having an ipod with remote for tunes on the beach, is the ultimate, as these little 4" speakers crank out the volume.
    Oh ya................install is easy, in a couple of hours.
    Must have liquid tape, black silicone, 4" hole saw, and the guts to drill it through your deck!
    Last edited by Canadian Swamp King; 04-29-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by emcewin View Post
    Does anyone have one of these sound systems on their GPR? If so, i'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions on it. I'm thinking of getting one but dread the installation of this. Was it difficult? Is the sound very good?

Thanks!
    Not on my GPR but put one on my old Polaris. Great for stopping at islands, working on it, etc. Cant really hear it while riding. Some pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1002.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	70201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1003.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	70202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1004.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	70203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1005.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	70204  

SkiOnDaBrain
    Nice pics! It's cool to see people hooking up their ski with some tunes. I'm definitely getting this done before lake time....about a month

Just ordered my head unit yesterday. Im going to mount the head unit in the lid of my hood and run a Ipod wired remote to my glovebox. I will post pics when i start my install this week hopefully. Mounting speakers just above my feet in my fairings.

Im actually looking forward to this install and hearing some tune on the ski finally!! These skis should come with tunes already built in...

SkiOnDaBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo View Post
    These skis should come with tunes already built in...

They'd sell more of them if they had tunes right off the showroom floor.

is there any headunits better than others for this application i am in saltwater :S .. i found the pwc sound kit but the speakers looks so dinki lol... i found great speakers just need a headunit that can take shock water and an i pod attachment... look at the polk audio momo series .. loudest clearest speakers ever.. and they are water fogg outdoor all that good stuff tested.. looking at the 6.5's i have them in my car and they play loud enough to match my 2 12's .. dont think u will have problems hearing it at full speed :S

+1

Thumbs up Lights & Tunes

Cheep, easy & good. Gotta have tunes and lights on the big cruiser.
    SuperBrightLeds, Full Wave Audio.
    $50. $600.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-02-14 001.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	70393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-02-14 006.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	70394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-02-14 010.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	70395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-02-14 017.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	70396   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-02-14 008.jpg 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	70397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-02-14 009.jpg 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	70398  

I hope no one minds me dragging up an old post.

Has anyone tried putting speakers in the mirror housings? Maybe 3" speakers? I can't remember if they'll fit its been so long since I wrenched on my old GP1200, but I wanted to do speakers there.

I figured a little fiberglass, beer, profanity, and.......voila! Tunes!

Only reason I mention the mirrors is I'm not too confident about me cutting into the hull and you're bringing up the stage and you could probably aim the speakers towards your ears so you have a better chance of hearing music while at WOT. I can't recall a time where I ever used the mirrors. Actually, I don't think they were even usable for me.

+1

Get and Mount The Right Stuff

See previous post. 4" submersible speakers which come with the Full Wave Audio system is the only way to go, if you want equipment that lasts more than one season of riding. Forget mirror mounts. Not enough meat / support for magnets. Also, no back sound box. You have to get the 4" hole saw and cut clean into top front foot wells, save the plugs to epoxy in later, in case you sell your ski, or trash it for scrap. I'm glad I didn't short cut on tunes because I beat my system hard, and it's still workin' perfect. It takes a licken, and keeps on ticken.

Thread Information