Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Pro 785..doing some updates

I started by taking the pipes out to replace all the hoses and couplers, and started finding things I wanted to make some changes on.

Took the exhaust manifolds out to get them powder coated. Which now is the time to update the bolts for these......where can I find them at? If anyone knows.

I pulled all of my wiring to reroute it to a better spot. I had it all run down under the engine basically and back to the box. I pulled it all out to run up high just under the seat sealing area. This way the box can be moved up and out for easier repairs etc..

I'm wanting to move the water feeds to somewhere more accessible also. Right now the distributor is down in the original spot and it's a real pain in the @ss to get to those lines if need be.

I'll get started with some pix.

+1

New couplers with new stainless T-bolt clamps (these babies better not break!)

Moved the wiring up here to be routed just under the sealing area, then down to the box.

This is just one big cluster of crap in this area. Wanting to change this. The electrical box before couldnt be moved out of the way for anything, so that will change. You can see the water lines are buried as well.

Where would you all suggest I move this water distributor to where I can access the lines more easily if I get plugged again etc..???

Heres the wiring from the CDI to the exhaust valve servo. Do I have to leave these unhooked if I go to gas valves, or can I leave them unhooked I guess???

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    You can delete that harness if you go with gas actuated valves.
    How do you split the photos with text?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

How to insert images within the text of your posts

Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    How do you split the photos with text?
    Info via the vBadvanced link (very bottom of every Green Hulk page);

Use the [img] code to insert pictures in stream with your text. Click Preview to be sure it looks the way you expect.

Be careful with very high resolution or very wide pictures. They can make the whole thread wider than peoples screens, then we have to scroll right and left to read the posts.

Shortcut option is to click the icon, then insert the URL of the picture.

These methods only work of your have uploaded your photos somewhere online. If you want to directly attach pictures from your computer hard drive, then use the Manage Attachments button, or the paperclip icon

+1
    Ive always just uploaded all my photos to photobucket.com then I just copy the image code, paste it here, then type up whatever I want before pasting another pic.

So that's good I can get rid of that harness, less wires for me to hook back up! Now I just need to take care of not having gas valves. Hopefully soon since my servo cable is broke.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineR6 View Post

Took the exhaust manifolds out to get them powder coated. Which now is the time to update the bolts for these......where can I find them at? If anyone knows.
    I ordered mine straight from Polaris, its crazy, the socket head cap screws are in between two and seven dollars while the screws for the 97 are like 18 bucks a piece and they're junk!

I also remember buying at least two of the smaller ones at a hardware store and they are working fine.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by absentx View Post
    I ordered mine straight from Polaris...
    What do you mean by 'straight from Polaris"?

Do you mean through a Polaris dealer, or online from Polaris corporate?
    I thought Polaris itself didn't do online parts selling...

+1
    I got a list of stuff I need to order so I think I'll just give Atlantic a call tomorrow and check about the manifold bolts.

Today I blasted my manifolds and got them all ready to be powder coated, hopefully get them done in the next couple of days.

Started moving stuff around to see what looks the best as far as changing my water routing etc... Still don't know where I wanna put the distributor to where I can access all the outputs easier.

And after reading a another post earlier about jetworks valves, thought i'd go look quick and make sure the check ball wasn't stuck (evidently a problem they've been having) and it was JAMMED in! So now I can order the new steel ball so it's not a last minute issue. Hopefully this will assist me in reclaiming 300-400 rpm's I've been chasing. Of the possible things, it makes the most sense to me, why it was so irregular with my jetting adjustments. Lets hope!

I think that's all for now.

+1
    I'm curious what you come up with on the mounting for the distributor, all mine are on the hull sprayed in foam.
    Maybe weld a tab on it and mount it higher in the hull?

+1
    I mounted mine high in the back added strainer and ball valves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2307.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1,000.8 KB 
ID:	70352  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information