Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: Riva Stage 3 supercharger components

My Rude is finally back from its conversion, so I have my stage 3 impeller and housing available for sale, shipped to your door for $650. I bought it new and literally used it for an hour and a half, before the opportunity to get the Rude came along.

Price dropped to $625 shipped
    Last edited by VX1; 04-30-2008 at 06:41 AM.

Price change

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Price change
    have you tested your rude yet?

Yes, I did, and I'm not happy on two fronts:

1) I'm only seeing 11lbs boost, and I'm not seeing much of a difference between this S3 SC and the Rude. I've checked every pipe along the IC, everything but the block-off. If that's not it, I don't know what to do.

2) The Rude conversion was described as a complete rebuild of the supercharger, with new washers, bearings, etc. I sent a note asking Nils to return those parts that were replaced. I didn't get those parts back and the best I can tell, he just reused them. He won't return any messages regarding the issue, so now I'm stuck not knowing exactly when it will be due for a 100 hour rebuild. It never crossed my mind that I might get ripped off going that route. Sending my own supercharger in to get rebuilt was a mistake.

+1

1) I'm only seeing 11lbs boost, and I'm not seeing much of a difference between this S3 SC and the Rude. I've checked every pipe along the IC, everything but the block-off. If that's not it, I don't know what to do.

2) The Rude conversion was described as a complete rebuild of the supercharger, with new washers, bearings, etc. I sent a note asking Nils to return those parts that were replaced. I didn't get those parts back and the best I can tell, he just reused them. He won't return any messages regarding the issue, so now I'm stuck not knowing exactly when it will be due for a 100 hour rebuild. It never crossed my mind that I might get ripped off going that route. Sending my own supercharger in to get rebuilt was a mistake.
    Sorry to hear about your lack of gain. Not sure about your boost as i have seen anywhere from 11.4 to 12.0. If your rpms are down that will lower your boost. I would have thought you would fill a big difference.
    Something seems off. Good luck.

Well, I forgot to mention that I'm 11.0# at 8000rpms, so I could be 11.5 at 8100. The problem is that I was running 8000 with the S3 SC, having trouble turning my prop in the heat. I added 2mm to the prop, in anticipation for the Rude power, and that left me stuck at 8000 with the Rude. I really shouldn't have touched the prop before dropping in the Rude, but I had a five week wait, so I figured I'd do something constructive. What really threw me off was when I took a mm or more off the prop, and I didn't gain any RPMs.

I have delt with Nils for the past 3 years and never had a problem. Did you ever think maybe the guy has a day job and has been busy.I just spoke with him and he has your PM. I hate when people come on here and run there mouth about good people

Nils runs Rude Performance. There is no doubt that Rude is about the most highly respected modification that can be obtained here. There can be no doubt that Nils' work has catapulted this sport in amazing ways. A mistake was made here though. Since I was paying for new washers and bearings, I had asked him to send the old ones back because they weren't too old, but he instead just didn't give me the new parts. Who the hell wants to pay for parts they're not getting? I'm not saying Nils is the bad guy here, but either am I. It's a misunderstanding that needs to get worked out, and after just getting a response from him, it seems that he wishes to make it right.

sorry to hear that but i think the problen can be solve.but you are running very low in rpm 8000-8100.you will not get more boost with this rpm check for leaks.andthe washers in the s/c.maybe this can help you

Hey VX1, i can be wrong...but i think that most peoples that run the Rude charger here, are usually with Racing ECU driving RPM level above 8400 Rpm, so that might be why you are not seeing the full potential of the Rude Charger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information