Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP engine overheating!!?!?!?

I had the supercharger off to install a depth finder in my ski, I also changed the oil and filter. That and over the winter I installed a new impeller and wear ring. I also had some mud wasps in my bailer tubes.

I tried my ski out 2 weekends ago and it ran terrible, I put it back on the trailer almost immediately. I figured it was just old gas and put new gas in, and also cleaned the fuel filter. I tried it again this weekend and it runs somewhat better, but now it overheats like mad. It runs rough (but runs really nice just before it overheats because the oil gets so thin...) I looked in the supercharger and oil filter for metal chips and didnt find any, there is no water in the oil and I filled it halfway up the top bend on the dipstick when the ski was level and on the trailer.

The coolant level is the same it has always been, it just gets really hot now. The exhaust stays cool.

I had the supercharger off to install a depth finder in my ski, I also changed the oil and filter. That and over the winter I installed a new impeller and wear ring. I also had some mud wasps in my bailer tubes.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...ight=mud+wasps

Could I have knocked some hose off somewhere when i was installing my depthfinder and / or removing / replacing the supercharger? Could those damn mud wasps have gotten into the engine and blocked something? What gives?

+1
    thermostat is stuck closed

Thinking the same thing, If you absolutely checked everything out, and all of your hose connections, hoses to and from exhaust system, from sliding waterbox back to remove SC etc, and the 3/4 hose from the pump to engine etc, I would test again and feel for hot coolant in ride plate and coolant tank etc. for circulation. Did coolant boil out of tank at all?...PR...

is that a common problem? What about the water pump, could there be something wrong with that? The ski is only a year old. But i'd much rather it be a bad thermostat than a piston sticking out of the block...

Where is the thermostat at?

+1
    in front of the water pump. If you had knocked a hose loose or off your hull would be full of antifreeze. The thermostat also enables oil cooler to work.

alrighty, I'll check the hoses with a temp gun to see if it is working or not.

Thanks!

would that be covered under some kind of warranty? my ski is a 05.

+1
    yeap

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill9000
    would that be covered under some kind of warranty? my ski is a 05.
    WildBill: dude, if it`s under warranty, then by all means let them do it!...PR...

alright the rubber hose connecter between the stainless hose and the water box was loose, I put it back on and it seems to run better. The rideplate gets hot so the cooling system is working.

could that hose leaking be the source of my overheating / running like shit problem? How the hell could that be the problem?

Also - what on earth is the E-TEMP display for? is it supposed to show the engine coolant temp or just the engine compartment temp (thats what it seems to show)?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information