Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Results: S150 w/Rude SC, XS IC, RRFPR w/stock injectors, 15/20

Well, I gots me some problems I'll have to work on. Last time I was out with the S3 SC, I was WOT 60.5mph @ 8000rpms & 10.0# boost. It seemed the S3 SC was having a hard time turning the 15/20 (-1mm) in the warmer water (84 degrees). I put the Rude SC on, repitched to +1mm, and I'm WOT 61.5 @ 8000rpms & 11.0# boost (digital tach, digital boost). The Rude did not blow me away with performance like I thought it would, and right now it's hard to tell the difference between the S3 SC and the Rude. If anything, I thought I'd be all over the limiter with the 15/20 +1mm, and would pitch up and wait for a 15/22 to be available.

My next step was to try out a 83mm nozzle (stock is 84mm). That got me to 62.0mph, but only 7950rpms. Thinking pitching down 1mm (basically an to an unpitched 15/20) would put me where I needed to be, I left the 83mm nozzle on and repitched -1mm, but it only made it worse. The RPMs stayed about the same, I got knocked down to 61mph and only 10.2# boost. When I put the rude on, I also unhooked all the intercooler piping, cleaned everything with alcohol and clamped everything down tight. I also finally secured the IC with a bracket and removed any hard corners in the couplers. Only thing I haven't touched is the block-off, because I know I put a good gasket in there when installing it, but I'll have to re-install it just in case.

So I'm initially disappointed, and will have some work to do, but Sunday, I took it out to the gulf for the first time, and it was so much more fun than being on a lake. My boat absolutely dominated anything it came across. When riding along side my buddy's boat and he tops out at 45mph, slamming the throttle makes it look like he's sitting still. Surely because I can handle the chop better, but I passed any jetski I ran across. Even passed a cigarette boat giving tourists extreme-speed rides. I was extremely pleased with how this 15.5' boat handled out in the ocean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010289a.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	70210  

+1
    Nice job Scott!

Hopefully you will find some more speed in that setup.

I will be testing the pro series nozzle kit (81mm) on the boat this weekend. Shooting for 64 mph. I will let you know how the different nozzle sizes work out.

perhaps stock nozzle depitch the 15/20 stock -1 and bring it to 8100??

ciao Jim

good luck

Banned User
    11 #'s w/ rude sounds light, maybe boost leak?

Yeah, I've been about a pound low on every supercharger I've had. I'll have to try everything to find the leak. What really surprised me is, I was 10 pounds and 8000rpms with the S3 SC, even at only 11 pounds with the Rude, I should have been all over the limiter. I was in a similar situation with the Green wheel at 9 pounds and 8000rpms with a 14/19+2mm, and the S3 SC at 10 pounds put me all over the limiter 8220+.

I got part of my Rude problems sorted out; it just wasnt getting enough air. My intake design had a 4 Kanaflex coming off the SC, with a restrictive curve, then going into a Y connector, one side utilizing the stock intake, the other going through another 4 to get outside air. I changed the intake to have a SS filter coming right off the SC intake, then 5 Kanaflex going to the Y connector. That has my RPMs up to 8100 where they should be, but I still didnt gain any topend from it. The instruments are telling me that the L-temp is 89 degrees, I cant believe its that hot in early May, but it must but making my external intercooler nearly worthless.

Still only getting 11.0 pounds boost, and Ive re-installed the intake manifold, all the IC piping, and the block-off. At this point, I can only hope that Im getting a little slippage and a SC re-torque will do me some good.

I tried a 14/19 3-blade yesterday and was all over the limiter at 8250+. Acceleration was great, though. Even at RPM, I was only seeing 10.5 11.0# of boost, so I assume thats an indication of SC slippage?

Can you post some pics of your new intake system?

You know, it's so crowded back there now, you can't see anything in a picture. In fact, my 5" Kanaflex intake is going under, and the IC pipes are going over the stock exhaust tube, making it even more restrictive. I'm doing a thru-hull next week, so I'll be cleaning that area up. The IC is sitting flat on the resonator, but when I get that out of there, I'll be able to give it an incline orientation, that I believe will make it more efficient by keeping more water and less air bubbles in it. I'm about to blindly drill through my hull next week with no template... wish me luck. I've already got to cut a 10" hole for the subwoofer this weekend.

I just punched 4 holes on my hull for spks. and subs. the other week. I wish you the best......

I've cut holes all over my boat...first one takes yer breath away after that it's all good

10" subs
    Thru-hull
    Stereo remote
    Depth gauge
    Cold air intake

Thats lots of drilling...lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information