Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals

Yo Miketrin, my Lake of the Ozarks experience this weekend..

First time this year I've been there, and first time I've been over consistent 2-4 footers in the RXP. A couple things.

Most 40 foot scarabs think if they are overtaking you from behind they are somehow the stand on boat and you are the give way, which is not true.

The water patrol didn't like my improperly (read: not displayed) displayed registration enough to give me an $100 ticket after chasing my brother around and then making him ride the ski to where I was so the patrolman could write ME the ticket although my brother was riding it. The officer's name is B. Forsythe. He told me the judge would most likely understand, given that I'm having to file a suit against the place I bought the ski from to get the title sent to me.

2-4 foot chop mixed in with 45 ft Rinker wake (estimating somewhere between 6-8 feet) is hell on my RXP, but fun as heck to ride in.

The lake was very dirty. On thursday when I got there we saw 5 dock movers, I'm assuming a lot of the junk was from them

We've got to meet up on the 4th, when I'll be back. Its a 40 mile ride by water, but only around 15 by land, if you take the toll bridge from highway 5. I'd be happy to pull my skis out and drive to shawnee bend. Our place is on lake road 5-33, which is around 5 miles from the toll bridge turnoff onto 54.

+1
    The lake is up because they are letting water out of Truman. I wasn't there but family was, said it was horrible. Muddy water and crap everywhere.

The Ozarks is becoming a very dangerous place. These assholes you see on the roads cutting people off, driving dangerously, go out and buy a huge over sized, boat (anything over 30ft on that lake is insane) and don't understand the rules or lake etiquette. They hold the line and never give up (expected from bass boats, but not others), skis, boats, whatever, they take their arrogant attitudes and bring them to the lake, never wave, don't say hi, don't help someone stranded. Just ride on by.

I am really getting sick of the place. My dad was out on his 26' bennington tritoon this weekend, he rides the shore line, seldom in the middle, another pontoon approached him head on, rules would dictate my dad should have gone to the left but no wake buoys where there, the approaching boat was holding the line forcing my dad into the no wake zone. The guy didn't do anything as he passed, no sorry wave nothing.

The place is starting to suck ass.

Here's one more incident. He's going to get gas, heading into the dock, one of those piece of shit go fast boats is approaching him on the left, instead of the guy slowing and going behind my dad, he zooms in front of him between the dock and my dad's boat. Again no wave, nothing.

These *LOSERS* are bringing there highway driving styles to the lake and it's a bad thing.

I'll be at the 47mm from July 1 to July 10th. Where were you last weekend and where will you be for the 4th.[/b]

okay, the truman thing makes sense. I was at the 9mm by big thunder marine. Our house is in the back of the cove where lakeshores marina is. There is an old tigershark (dead) on a lift as well as a 23'5'' red Mariah 235 Diovanni on a lift in our single dock with a swim dock attached. Our house is on the point, there's a private ramp in front of the house, its a stone cabin with another smaller stone house beside it.

The lake was very very dangerous last week. I saw a lot of jerkoffs in boats. Disappointingly there was a green 04 RXP riding with a 99 ultra 150 who were giving us all a bad name. They got the attention of the water patrol, and I bet that's why he pulled my green RXP over yesterday night.

The water was freakin nasty though. Twice I sucked something into the pump and had to shut the engine off.

Riding with gloves and goggles made the 4 foot chop easier to navigate though.

I will be at the 9mm on the 4th also. Hopefully I'll be there from that thursday through tuesday night.

I saw some tritoons with big nuts this weekend, they were cutting though the wake like it wasn't there.

I hate most assholes with 40 foot fountains who have 8 people standing at the windshield and think they are better than you. I almost got chopped into bits several times, and I'm a real anal, careful driver.

+1
    When we are in the pontoon and see those losers standing in their ocean going speed boat we'll all stand up and face forward.

If you notice it's usually just a bunch of guys, with maybe 1 girl. Sausage fest!

lol, I was riding my 2002 Zxi most of the weekend; for some reason everyone else wanted the RXP. I can jump better on the Z anyways. I got applause from 3 separate boats (mostly the 1 girl in them, you're right about that) and someone also stopped to ask me if I was okay.

LOL that's hilarious! I would like to see that in a pontoon.

we ate at Ozark Barbeque on thursday (sucked) and Bayou Bill's on saturday night (barely tolerable)

where do you eat when you eat on the water?

+1
    eat at frankie and loui's, pretty good pizza

the horny toad is really good and cheaper that the BBQ

+1
    i should clarify, not all oversized speed boat owners are losers.

+1
    we eat at big dick's half way inn (47mm) , red fox (50mm), lake pizza (53?mm) when it was open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information