Leaking antifreeze

Well after having to add water about every half tank of gas at MB's I think I found the prob! At first I thought the drain plug was leaking but I have found a crack in my ride plate at the rear below the pump... Its about 1.5 inches long going from the plastic top plate cover seal down to the actual bottom of the plate! No sign of a hit just a clean crack..... Oh well atleast I found it.... will make a warranty claim this week

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the entire rideplate is all aluminum... the bottom gray anodized part as well as the black top part beneath the pump nozzle. i'm surprised you got a fracture in it tho.

it shouldn't be a problem having that warranteed since it's the top half like you said and not the bottom. if you smacked something with it there would be evidence of that on the bottom.

seems alot of people are leaking antifreeze somewhere within their systems lately. I know i was prior to pulling my rideplate off, don't know where the leak was, but i'm gonna make damn good sure everything compresses and seals nicely when i re-assemble.

Thats not my first leak! 1st leak was the o-ring'd tube coupler that goes through the hull from the ride plate. It was only hand tight. Thought it was those raggedy clamps but not so. I greased up the o-ring and snugged it up good no probs with antifreeze in the hull anymore... Now this but called seadoo today and they are ordering a new one on warranty so oh well. Case closed! Wish I knew sum results on plate shimming b/f it goes on...

Leaking Antifreeze

I just got my RXP and I took it to the lake for the first time last weekend. I check the level of oil and antifreeze before I put it in the water and everything looked good to go. After riding the jetski for 30 minutes, it turned off. We noticed the Coolant Compartment was empty. I added 2 bottles of coolant but it did not turn on again. The dealer won't see it until next month, but do you guys think that the engine was seriously damaged by running without coolant for a few minutes? I'm new to this so I would apreciate any info.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    oracleman.... did u get any beeps or high temp warnings? just a sudden shutdown?

That's the weird thing. No beeps, no lights, no warning. One minute is running great, the next minute is just shut down and we could not get it started again. I'm hoping that there is some type of computer in the ski that would make it shutdown before any permanent damage to the engine.

Thread Information