Thread: Fuel problem here...
04-29-2008, 09:39 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2007
Fuel problem here...
Got some sorta fuel issue here! I'll start with what I know for sure, but this problem's really kickin my a@@!
1) 1993 GTX 587...5860 model
2) Had bad gas ran through the carbs, not gummy...just not "good octane" and got rid of the old crap, replaced with fresh fuel
3) Replaced ALL diaphrams, Fuel Pump and both Fuel Control Diaphrams
4) Spark is good, compression is good, rotary valve looks good new plugs
5) Ski starts and runs what appears "normal" but misses a little...nothing dramatic
6) Put it in the lake yesterday, no power...ski won't get to top speed at all and first cylinder gets hot, second (PTO) stays cold.
7) First plug fouls quickly, in #1 cylinder, #2 doesn't
Carb adjustments don't seem to work
--I'm thinking carb rebuild time, but as last resort...anyone one have ideas here??? I'm fresh out! Have had this ski goin on 15 years now and this is the first major problem with it.
04-29-2008, 09:47 PM #2
04-29-2008, 09:51 PM #3
- Join Date
- May 2007
Yeah...well I'm new to this carb rebuild thing...never done it on a two stroke! Just wanna cover my bases...make sure I'm not overlooking something obvious! I trust everyone's experience around here...so I thought I'd ask before I jump in! LOL
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM #4
how were the fuel lines? if they are the grey ones you might want to start there. they are notorious for turning to sh!t on the inside and then they plug up the little fuel filters in the carbs.
as for rebuilding the carbs it's very simple I just did all four on my skis and it's pretty easy as a matter of fact it takes longer to get them off the skis then to rebuild them, I would also change out the needles and seats too....
2 tools you should get
1st a compression tester to check out the cyllinders
2nd a pop off gauge to test the carbs after the rebuild.
04-30-2008, 09:25 AM #5
Seadoo didnt start using chitty (tempo) fuel lines till 1994.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By germie in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 37Last Post: 05-11-2007, 02:50 AM
By rlt in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
By BOOSTED in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
By Summitt in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
By Summitt in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 11-09-2006, 10:52 PM