Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    bilge pump install help!

    after all i have read about people near sinking i have decided to put a bilge pump in. i got the rule 1100 automatic... so i got the bilge and am staring at the inside of my hull and after all i have read i still feel brain dead. lol.. i guess to much info. i have everything here in my hands. does anyone want to walk me through how the wires should go and where to place everything... thanks!!! i have a rxt by the way


  2. #2
    kp04rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pipersville, PA
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    after all i have read about people near sinking i have decided to put a bilge pump in. i got the rule 1100 automatic... so i got the bilge and am staring at the inside of my hull and after all i have read i still feel brain dead. lol.. i guess to much info. i have everything here in my hands. does anyone want to walk me through how the wires should go and where to place everything... thanks!!! i have a rxt by the way

    Everything you'll need to know is in this thread... and more lol. If you skip to the last 5 pages that will basically tell you everything.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52044

  3. #3
    Student of Speed rxpwhistler1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oakland County Michigan
    Posts
    708

    one good way

    If RXT bailers are the same as RXP...do this..

    Remove pump from rear of ski. Where the two bailer tube holes are...put two pennies (they fit perfect and snug) and than coat them in silicone. Re-install pump. Pull bailer strainers and lines from your ski (cut zipties off first). Use the metal brackets that held down the bailer strainers to hold in your bilge. I bent mine straight up and than made the top go horizontal to make a upside down L. I used a hose clamp to hold the bilge to the brackets and made it nice and snug.

    Brown wire is power, black wire is ground. Put a switch inline with the power line as well as a fuse. You can run these wires directly to the battery. You can also put the switch on the negative line and the fuse on the power line.

  4. #4
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    the pennies go here then the silicone if u remove bailer lines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4242.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	70414  

  5. #5
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    the pennies go here then the silicone if u remove bailer lines
    Amen ... and if you don't plug these off like Steve is showing, you will have a large leak ... IF you remove the stock bilge system lines and one way valves.

  6. #6
    MIARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    1,430
    check out my bilge thread, You should find more than enough info there to keep the titanic afloat !!!

  7. #7
    thanks everyone and all the links.. figured it out... didnt use a fuse though shhh... only had a switch and wanted it done now! lol thanks all the info helped

  8. #8
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    thanks everyone and all the links.. figured it out... didnt use a fuse though shhh... only had a switch and wanted it done now! lol thanks all the info helped
    Do the fuse later...if you get debris in the pump and it locks up there is enough power in the battery to burn the pump out, but hey, just replace the pump instead of a fuse...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP Bilge Pump install
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 10:04 AM
  2. XLT Bilge Pump Installation (Pics included)
    By PWCManiac in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  3. Bilge Pump Install/How to?
    By kidafa in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
  4. RXP bilge pump install
    By The Bandit in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
  5. Bilge pump mounting help.....
    By OutlawGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •