bilge pump install help!

after all i have read about people near sinking i have decided to put a bilge pump in. i got the rule 1100 automatic... so i got the bilge and am staring at the inside of my hull and after all i have read i still feel brain dead. lol.. i guess to much info. i have everything here in my hands. does anyone want to walk me through how the wires should go and where to place everything... thanks!!! i have a rxt by the way

Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    after all i have read about people near sinking i have decided to put a bilge pump in. i got the rule 1100 automatic... so i got the bilge and am staring at the inside of my hull and after all i have read i still feel brain dead. lol.. i guess to much info. i have everything here in my hands. does anyone want to walk me through how the wires should go and where to place everything... thanks!!! i have a rxt by the way

Everything you'll need to know is in this thread... and more lol. If you skip to the last 5 pages that will basically tell you everything.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52044

one good way

If RXT bailers are the same as RXP...do this..

Remove pump from rear of ski. Where the two bailer tube holes are...put two pennies (they fit perfect and snug) and than coat them in silicone. Re-install pump. Pull bailer strainers and lines from your ski (cut zipties off first). Use the metal brackets that held down the bailer strainers to hold in your bilge. I bent mine straight up and than made the top go horizontal to make a upside down L. I used a hose clamp to hold the bilge to the brackets and made it nice and snug.

Brown wire is power, black wire is ground. Put a switch inline with the power line as well as a fuse. You can run these wires directly to the battery. You can also put the switch on the negative line and the fuse on the power line.

+1
    the pennies go here then the silicone if u remove bailer lines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4242.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	70414  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    the pennies go here then the silicone if u remove bailer lines
    Amen ... and if you don't plug these off like Steve is showing, you will have a large leak ... IF you remove the stock bilge system lines and one way valves.

check out my bilge thread, You should find more than enough info there to keep the titanic afloat !!!

thanks everyone and all the links.. figured it out... didnt use a fuse though shhh... only had a switch and wanted it done now! lol thanks all the info helped

Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    thanks everyone and all the links.. figured it out... didnt use a fuse though shhh... only had a switch and wanted it done now! lol thanks all the info helped
    Do the fuse later...if you get debris in the pump and it locks up there is enough power in the battery to burn the pump out, but hey, just replace the pump instead of a fuse...

Thread Information