Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Note To Self

Smile Note To Self

Birds cannot get out of the way when cruising @ 70+ LOL

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was out this weekend with the fam-bam and noticed I only had 9 lbs of boost vs the 10 I always see on the guage. So this morning I found my boost leak and headed out to the water for testing. Got my 1 lb of boost back and was enjoying the glass I was riding on. I was the only one on the lake besides the fishermen...

....well I am cruising along @ WOT, I see the ducks and the birds, the ducks are submarining under the water and the birds are moving out of the way........except for one big ass seagull looking kinda bird that just didn't quite make it. GOING TOO FAST to TURN, I let off, cover my face, chest hits the steering pad, BIRD bounces off of the hood (EXPLODES like that bird did when Randy Johnson hit it) I fell of the ski, unsure if the bird hit me or not. I cartwheeled for a while across the water and when I finally stopped I had the wind knocked out of me. I just floated for a while till I was good to go. I bet the adrenaline of the whole thing and 69 degree water sped things up. I swam pretty far to get back on my ski. Luckily nothing was broken on me or my water-bike. My neck feels like I got dropped on my head from the roof, but I'll be alright. Poor bird though. I guess thats what I get for assuming the ducks/birds would get out of the way. I'll be slowing down around them now.

Be careful out there guys!!!

glad your ok man! Get you a helmet.....Stupid birds man....Hope your back on the water soon.

+1
    You're lucky! Remember the Riva Racing guy (I forgot his name) He was killed by a duck.

Can you make it to elsinore this sunday?

Didnt Fabio get hit by a duck on a roller coaster?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    You're lucky! Remember the Riva Racing guy (I forgot his name) He was killed by a duck.

Can you make it to elsinore this sunday?
    Dude, you should change your plans and go to Laughlin! Will be there from Thursday night to Sunday! Picking up my RXP! Rented an RXT for the chick...

Whats up Robert and Jim?!?! I saw the videos of your Catalina trip. I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! Working nights sucks when you have plans for the next day. I saw an RXT getting towed. WHAT HAPPENED?

A helmet really is starting to sound like a good idea. I just think that since I spend most of my time on the lake, I would attract more attention from the patrol guys. They pretty much leave me alone during the week as they don't even go out on the water, but on the weekend I think it would be like painting a big RED X on my back. LOL!

We were planning on Saturday at Elsinore, as Sunday night I have to work. But WE may be able to swing it. BRING YOUR 3 Blade...DYING TO TRY IT!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by red rider View Post
    Dude, you should change your plans and go to Laughlin! Will be there from Thursday night to Sunday! Picking up my RXP! Rented an RXT for the chick...
    Damn! We're going to havasu the following weekend may 9-11th

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Didnt Fabio get hit by a duck on a roller coaster?
    Haha, fabio..
    Whatever happened to that dude?

+1
    I had a bird fly in front of me and I just barely hit it with my hand. It was like I just gave him a push and off he flew. That was wierd. I could feel his torsoe(spelling?) compressing on the back of my hand. This past saturday I was wot 70+ chasing a buddy of mine when (SPLATT), a huge bug hit me rite between the eyes. Talk about nasty. I had to bail in the water to wash my face. Glad you are OK though. Those damn birds can be dangerous.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    I know what you guys mean. I pretty much got to pet a Canadian Goose. Then right after that I took a dragon fly to the cheek.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information