Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PWC Cooler RACK

PWC Cooler RACK

Ok folks i have been working on this and trying to get it perfected (if you will) i would love to get some feedback on this item i have developed. feel free to critique or comment. if you would be interested in purchasing something like this please let me know also. i have not started taking any orders (yet) i am in the process of i guess you would say R&D at the moment. i will have pictures of it mounted to he rear of my GTX this weekend. there are no holes to be drilled or any damage done to the ski. i am considering building them and trying to sell (on here and craigslist and maybe even EBAY) i plan on offering a 90 day structural warranty on them. coolers and rod holders are optional but available. i plan on building them as a one off type deal but made to fit with one measurement from the buyer so with that being said take a look and feel free to comment as you see fit. i guess i need to know price range you think would work and would you yourself purchase something like this for use? i can take custom orders as well ( may take a little longer to build). so let us begin. and thank you for looking.

100% right 50% of the time? bossdukes's Avatar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00095.jpg 
Views:	1605 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	70376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00096.jpg 
Views:	2091 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	70377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00097.jpg 
Views:	1254 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	70378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00098.jpg 
Views:	1293 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	70379  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Comments...well, OK.

The custom fit aspect - would that be a measurement of some dimension on their particular model of PWC?

Materials, weight, time/tools needed for installation/removal?

Will this rack sit flat inside the back of a car or truck, with the cooler in place, or will it have an uneven bottom shape?

Would it be OK to sit in the back seat of a car (space/size, possible seat cushion damage), or is this for trucks & SUV only?
    Or do you envision it staying on the PWC while trailering?

Would it interfere with reboarding from the water, if the rider were to fall off, or capsize the PWC?

Have you thought about injury potential, if a passenger is bounced off the back of the seat in rough water, onto the rack?

Your design wraps structure around the cooler. Would it have been more compact to modify the cooler itself, so that the product simply fastened the cooler to the PWC?

Photos could be better (I know these were just for starters). Always compose product photos with a clean background, good lighting (especially if the product is made of dark materials), and pictures angled to best illustrate the features and dimensions of the product, and how it works.

Higher resolution in online images is also better. Many online product images are rather poor quality - low resolution, highly compressed, and hard to see any real product detail. Why make it hard for people to clearly see what you have for sale?

I presume you know about the various fuel can rack designs for PWC. Perhaps a combination cooler and fuel can carrier version...

Are there two of you?
    bossdukes TexasMason
    Last edited by K447; 04-30-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Comments...well, OK.

The custom fit aspect - would that be a measurement of some dimension on their particular model of PWC?
    Not too much difference in the mounting point is use mainly length of the tie down
    Materials, weight, time/tools needed for installation/removal?
    Zero tools required for install and removal, no parts to loosen and fall off on the water or travel.

Will this rack sit flat inside the back of a car or truck, with the cooler in place, or will it have an uneven bottom shape?
    No it will not sit flat in the back of a car due to the legs that secure it underneath the back deck of the ski.
    Would it be OK to sit in the back seat of a car (space/size, possible seat cushion damage), or is this for trucks & SUV only?
    Or do you envision it staying on the PWC while trailering?
    It will be fine to sit on a back seat I would probably recommend a towel on the seat and then sit the rack on that to prevent dirt transfer and such (if any) but no sharp edges to poke holes or anything if that Is what you are asking.
    And yes you can mount it on the back and trailer it to the water or load in the back of the truck.

Would it interfere with reboarding from the water, if the rider were to fall off, or capsize the PWC?
    If you have a three seater I will say no issues with reboarding however a 2 seater would require some careful acrobatics and maneuvering but probably could be done.

Have you thought about injury potential, if a passenger is bounced off the back of the seat in rough water, onto the rack?
    I guess it would be no different than if a passenger is bounced off the ski and hits their head on the back deck or other item there, I will have a disclaimer.

Your design wraps structure around the cooler. Would it have been more compact to modify the cooler itself, so that the product simply fastened the cooler to the PWC?
    Not and maintain the ability to retain original use of the cooler and be able to use the rack for other items when a cooler is not required or needed ( i.e gas can(s) for long hauls)

Photos could be better (I know these were just for starters). Always compose product photos with a clean background, good lighting (especially if the product is made of dark materials), and pictures angled to best illustrate the features and dimensions of the product, and how it works.
    Thanks for the tip I was in a rush to get “a” photo out and will prepare a better spread this weekend with actual in use pics and such and much better product images and so forth.

Higher resolution in online images is also better. Many online product images are rather poor quality - low resolution, highly compressed, and hard to see any real product detail. Why make it hard for people to clearly see what you have for sale?
    I agree 100% and I will provide better clearer photos after this weekend. To be honest I was not sure what kind of responses I would get if any on the rack.

I presume you know about the various fuel can rack designs for PWC. Perhaps a combination cooler and fuel can carrier version
    Yes I am in development now of a removable gas can add on rack in addition to the cooler and also trying to develop a pure gas can carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post

yeah i have seen those as well. but to me i just didnt like the overall bulkiness of most of them and then there is the last one where you drill a big hole and put a rod holder internally.

I had 1 pole holder mounted at the back of my ski but I had to move it to
    re board and it is a big ole xl 3 seater I still can't see how you could swing around either of the bigger racks? not bashing just critiquing. I think I would have to see it mounted to get the full jist of it

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    I had 1 pole holder mounted at the back of my ski but I had to move it to
    re board and it is a big ole xl 3 seater I still can't see how you could swing around either of the bigger racks? not bashing just critiquing. I think I would have to see it mounted to get the full jist of it

I have had this exact cooler strapped to the back of my ski with bungee cords and have jumped off of the ski to cool off in july here in Texas ( good lord its hot) and had no problems getting back on. so i would think that this only would serve to aid in climbing back on. Maybe add a grab handle to the rear bar to assist with the climb? i wil post better pictures this saturday evening after my ride. i wil lhave great pics of it then higher quality also.

To HE77 with Georgia!
    Where are the latest pics?

Would love to see those pics

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information