Cullman, AL

The Lowcountry River and Beach Rally, Charleston SC, 8/11-13

Guys, I'm coming over from the Yamaha side, to invite everyone to the next big event.

Well, now that the Mudbug is over, it's time to prepare for the next big event; The Lowcountry River And Beach Rally. Get ready to ride in Charleston, SC on August 11-13! One day will be spent running the Cooper River, from above Charleston down under the new bridge and past the USS Yorktown, possibly stopping on Shem Creek for some excellent lunch before returning up the river. Another day at the Isle of Palms for some backwater and beach time. While this isn't going to be a grudge match event like the Mudbug, if someone can come up with the equipment we can do speed runs one morning. I'm looking into getting a private camp with grills, tables, parking, and a boat launch for a day; if I do, there will be a small fee for everyone to help with the rental. For now, I'm going to leave lodging to each individual, but if the demand is there I'll look into booking a block of rooms somewhere for everyone.

This will be a good chance for those of us who couldn't make the Bug this year (and for some of those who did) to get together and have a good time. I'd like to get a bunch of people together here; I'm even extending my work contract so I'll be around here for it. Shooter, Mikel and I ride together, so we will all be in on the planning. I've got a T shirt vendor lined up, and I'm looking into getting some sort of sponsorship from come local places too (radio stations, dealerships, and hopefully Hooters).

We need to start getting an idea of how many might show up for it, so start posting your plans now!

Anyone in on the planning of the Bug, or just anyone with helpfull suggestions for the logistics of getting an event like this together, feel free to throw your two cents my way; I can use all the help I can get.

I'll be checking out rumors of beach babes at the Isle next weekend, but feel free to bring your own.

Buffalo, in the State of Taxation
    I'd like to come down with the wifey & kids from Buffalo for this.......was wanting to check out Columbia & the Lake Murray area this fall anyway, so might be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Can't commit just yet though, but will know more in the next few weeks.......mike

Thread Information