Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar

For those with 4 inch intakes

When you run the kanaflex hose from the supercharger, I was told that it is not good to let it sit on the accordian gasket where the driveshaft goes through the hull. This will eat at the carbon seal I believe. What have people done or have they done anything special to keep it from rubbing on there?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    When you run the kanaflex hose from the supercharger, I was told that it is not good to let it sit on the accordian gasket where the driveshaft goes through the hull. This will eat at the carbon seal I believe. What have people done or have they done anything special to keep it from rubbing on there?
    Yes, it will also rub a hole in the hose & if any water gets in, just a little, It can get sucked into the sc.

I came off of the sc with a long 3-4" silicone 90 which rests on the tunnel hump to keep it off of the bellows. I had thought about epoxying a 3/4" aluminum flat on the tunnel and let it stick over the bellows 2" to hold the hose up. Put a little piece of foam insulation or carpet on it to keep the kanaflex from rubbing through. Another option is to make the 90 bend in the kanaflex long enough to make it sit on the tunnel instead of the bellows. I bent my kanaflex then poured boiling water over it to make and hold a 90 degree bend. It is very important to keep it off of the bellows.

So you guys would recommend epoxying some carpet or insulation around where the house makes contact with the tunnel? If so I'll wrap like a 1 and 1/2 foot section around the hose. But I am still worried about it rubbing on the bellows. I will be riding in very rough water so I want to make this problem free. Should I put a large hose clamp, zip tie, or bungee cord to the mount for the IC? Just don't want issues here.

So you guys would recommend epoxying some carpet or insulation around where the house makes contact with the tunnel? If so I'll wrap like a 1 and 1/2 foot section around the hose. But I am still worried about it rubbing on the bellows. I will be riding in very rough water so I want to make this problem free. Should I put a large hose clamp, zip tie, or bungee cord to the mount for the IC? Just don't want issues here.
    It's okay for it to touch the tunnel. That will give it support so it will not hit the bellows. I would silicone a small piece of carpet or rubber insulation on the tip of the tunnel for it to rest on. Position it so If it is resting on the tunnel then it's not resting on the bellows. If you want to lift it up off the tunnel with a zip tie or bungie cord that would be fine too. Just work it out so it does not touch the bellows whereby potentially destroying the carbon ring.

+1
    The fit of mine was a bit tight, so I used this to my advantage. I put a bit of slack in the hose and mad a bump right over the carbon seal. Just kinda raised the hose a bit, its snug and does not seem to move. For extra insurance I got some velcro rope kind stuff and have tied to up to the hull up above...My hose is not touching the seal at all...

I was worried also about it rouching and wearing the boot...

+1
    My 4" hose rode on the shaft boot for many hours with no issues

Thanks for all the replies guys, I will look into what I want to do!

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    My 4" hose rode on the shaft boot for many hours with no issues
    You lucked out my friend...ATC2006 sunk his ski because the elbow rested on the bellows and the carbon ring went to powder.

before ripped my out in preparation for a new SC I was able to get 1/4 inch gaps. BUT with the bouncing of the ski and everything else I am sure there would be some rubbing.
    I thought about building a bracket and secure it to the pump bolt thread thingies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information