Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

LA visiting Orlando for some riding

I am going to Orlando May 16, 2008 and taking my ski to meet abuddy there. I am researching trying to find some great riding locations in the Orlando, Daytona Beach and Clearwater/Tampa areas. Meeting up with some of you would be great, and info on a couple riding locations would be great too. We are open to anything. I would like to ride some waves in the gulf and/or the ocean, ride some lakes and even a cruise trip on a river. Let me know. Any and all advise is appreciated. --jeremy

riding Orlando

I live in Clermont just west of Orlando, If intrested I live on the Clermont chain of lakes. It is not bad in size, also the Harris chain is about 25 minutes north of me. This is a very nice place to ride. I can ride on the weekend.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    a good ride is from granada blvd. in ormond beach up the intercoastal to Palm Coast and back down..... about an hour each way

+1
    A nice river ride is from Deland, Fl SR44 Ed Stone Park to Silver Glenn Springs in Lake George. Its about 55 miles round trip.

I have to work the weekend May 17th and 18th. I am off on the Friday 16th and Monday 19th, if you want try and ride together.

JP

www.watercraft-riders.org
    this is the local club in that area..... the people that i have met from there are pretty cool and know alot of riding spots.... you should give them a buzz....

+1
    JP1300R would be a great tour guide!!! Wouldn't pass up that offer if I were you.

+1
    Man, this is all sweet! I am leaving Central Louisiana at noon (Central Time) and getting to Clermont, FL at 1:00 AM, I think. It is a 12 hour drive, and I lose an hour at the time zone border.

Divine10, I am meeting a friend, Sean Davis (not a member), of Clermont. I will probably sleep until 10:00 or so Saturday, May 17, 2008 and my buddy is working a half day. We are planning on riding locally Saturday, and you are more than welcome to play.

Sunday, we will hit church, then hit another local ride for the afternoon/evening.

JP (JP1300r), Since we are hitting local rides over the weekend, I am wanting to hit some waves on either coast, AND/OR a awesome cruise. I was hoping to get over to Daytona Beach or the Tampa/Clearwater area. You have been recommended as a tour guide, so I can put a good ride in your hands. We can hook up and ride.

Man, I am dropping some serious money on fuel! Think 850 miles in a suburban at 17 mpg, then 4 days of ski riding.

My planning...I recently filled my ski and three 5 gallon fuel cans to help absorb some of the fuel costs. Thats what I told the wifey anyway.

I have been on the site reading a lot, and know a lot of screenames/IDs, but do not know a lot of you on here. If some of you would like to ride while i am there, thats cool. --Jeremy

Hit me on PM, or email: [email protected]

+1
    Any other suggestions?

+1
    Do you want to shot for Monday the 19th?

Google map. Deland, Florida, find SR44, go west till you get to the river. Thats Ed Stone Park on the northeast. We can put in there and go north. Follow the river till you get to a big lake that is Lake George. Then we will go northwest to SilverGlenn Springs. Its about a 55 mile round trip.

JP

+1
    That looks cool. I will holler at my buddy and see if he is game. How is first thing Monday morning on the 19th? I am thinking we can hit that in the morning and go to Daytona Beach in the afternoon. lol I plan on riding while I am down there. --Jeremy

PS - PM sent

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information