Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282

    Just another 4 inch question

    Is it possible to install homemade 4" intake without removing the factory intake pieces? In other words can you just disconnect the factory intake off the blower and have enough room to run the kanaflex up front around the stock shit?


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyginzo View Post
    Is it possible to install homemade 4" intake without removing the factory intake pieces? In other words can you just disconnect the factory intake off the blower and have enough room to run the kanaflex up front around the stock shit?

    nope, its too tight...If you have an RXP, you can go Riva Rear, and leave everything...

  3. #3
    I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY
    Posts
    526
    If you only remove the hose from the supercharger where it meets the front box of the intake you could do that. So all the parts of the stock system and rectifier would be left. All you'd have to put back to stock is the hosing to the supercharger.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    If you only remove the hose from the supercharger where it meets the front box of the intake you could do that. So all the parts of the stock system and rectifier would be left. All you'd have to put back to stock is the hosing to the supercharger.

    Thats what I was talkin about. My ski is warrantied and if it ever has to go in for service I want to be able to do a quick change got me?

  5. #5
    I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY
    Posts
    526
    Yeah I think what danny is saying that with the hosing between the supercharger and the front part of the intake still in place, you can't run it. So with just the removal of that section of hosing you could put it back to stock.

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    IF thats the case, yea, just remove the wrap around part of the engine area, and you'll have plenty of room...

  7. #7
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Yep, with kanaflex you can remove the stock hose from sc to the air box and replace with kanaflex. You can leave the air box installed.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Yep, with kanaflex you can remove the stock hose from sc to the air box and replace with kanaflex. You can leave the air box installed.
    thats what I wanted to hear guys thanks

  9. #9
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyginzo View Post
    thats what I wanted to hear guys thanks
    Realize that the kanaflex will not connect to the air box, just route it over top of the air box or whatever.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Realize that the kanaflex will not connect to the air box, just route it over top of the air box or whatever.

    Yea that would defeat the purpose of having a 4" intake

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Just another ebay scammer
    By QuickMick in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 09:54 PM
  2. Another D-Plate question!
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 03:06 PM
  3. Another Jet works question
    By christian gpr in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
  4. Another Nils product question?
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 04:30 PM
  5. Another water ingestion question
    By Denali44 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •