+1

Oil in footwell of 2007 GPR1300R

Hey everyone and lets hope for another great season of jetskiing. My question is this. Last year i over serviced my two-stroke oil and it would vent through the line vent under the upper cowling on right side. I found the vent after viewing a schmatic. Well this year after pulling ski out of storage, i saw alot of oil had collected in right footwell again. I am sure from heatiing up and creating pressure in tank again...What can be causing this and what should i do. There is also some oil in eng. bay area.. Tank still has oil, but i am concerned about about vacum pressure effecting oil pick up....plz if anyone else has had this problem and fix let me know...Thanks and ride hard and be safe.

+1
    Just suck some of the oil out, back down to the level of the oil container. If you take off JUST the two lower bolts on the side panel, you can slip a rag under it and clean out the backside of the panel.

+1
    i had the same problem, i filled the oil tank way too much then I wash doing some work on my ski before i went out riding. Tilted the ski back and all the sudden theres some purple oil in my footwell.
    its been about a week, i've ridden twice and no more oil dripping out

+1
    Thanks for the replies. The only problem is, that this happened early in the year last year and it continued all your if i let it set for a long period of time. It is as if, there is a pressure pushing the oil up through the vent. The oil tank is about level now. I am not sure its cause from over filling. Last time i over filled it ran down both sides, meaning where i poured it in and over on the right side because that is where the vent is in the oil line. I am at a loss..

Smile

If its too full what happens is the oil gets cold in winter contracting and pulling in a slight amount of air in vent line,then the tank full with oil over the vent warms up as spring nears causing air and oil in tank to expand ,you would be suprised how much can pump out of the vent in this situation.Its not magic or a bad problem only a simple case of physics 101 and expansion,no worrys ,clean oil up and dont fill it all way up>Marvin

Glad I read this, bc I didn`t know. I`ll make sure i don`t over fill it...Thanks...

Thread Information