Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question on overstuffing pump.

Has there ever been reports of overstuffing a RXP (non X) with a prop and nozzle setup? I could not find anything on it searching.
    I am still trying to figure out how my ski launched me.
    I was running a 3 blade skat with 81 nozzle still turning 8150 rpm when it occured first outing with setup.
    Last edited by skoepp; 04-30-2008 at 06:32 PM.

I don't think you will. I could be wrong but I think it maybe something to do with the longer pump in the X skies that are causing that. I think most ppl are going to come to find not to run the reduction nozzle on the X models because of the longer tunnel. That is my reaction. I have been skeptical for ppl getting the reduction nozzle. I have been keeping a close eye on this and interested to hear further more. Even with a Stage II RXP did not have this problem which is leading me to believe that it is the longer tunnel. Just my .02. I could be dead wrong though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    I don't think you will. I could be wrong but I think it maybe something to do with the longer pump in the X skies that are causing that. I think most ppl are going to come to find not to run the reduction nozzle on the X models because of the longer tunnel. That is my reaction. I have been skeptical for ppl getting the reduction nozzle. I have been keeping a close eye on this and interested to hear further more. Even with a Stage II RXP did not have this problem which is leading me to believe that it is the longer tunnel. Just my .02. I could be dead wrong though

The interesting thing is that RIVA uses an 82mm ring in their Stage 1 kit (stock is 87mm). So through their grate and prop they have been able to overcome the overstuffing, for now.

That was another thing I questioned a real aggressive grate long tunnel with smaller nozzle. The grate could be the answer since it is not out yet

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    The interesting thing is that RIVA uses an 82mm ring in their Stage 1 kit (stock is 87mm). So through their grate and prop they have been able to overcome the overstuffing, for now.
    Actually my pro nozzle that came with the Stage I for X has a 81, 82, and 83mm. I also have a 84 and 85 just incase.
    Now all we need is the dang prop and grate.

Anyone every seen overstuffing on a RXP or is it not possible?

Not that I know of, but I could always be wrong... ...Maybe the more experienced guys in this forum can answer your question...

+1
    The overstuff occurs in the 215 hull RXP's at around 91 mph. It's more pronounced if you lift off the throttle real hard at high speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The overstuff occurs in the 215 hull RXP's at around 91 mph. It's more pronounced if you lift off the throttle real hard at high speed.
    Thanks Jerry,

just trying to rule out why i got thrown. It had to be the conditions which were not good for high speeds but never had those problems before in those conditions until i went with 3 blade skat and 81 nozzle.
    Last edited by skoepp; 04-30-2008 at 07:39 PM.

+1
    The RXP folks need to get PRESSURE numbers on these tunnels to determine where it is spitting back out the front. It's never going to be the same, due to prop sizes, exit nozzles, grates, and of course, the biggy, hull angle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Actually my pro nozzle that came with the Stage I for X has a 81, 82, and 83mm. I also have a 84 and 85 just incase.
    Now all we need is the dang prop and grate.

Anyone every seen overstuffing on a RXP or is it not possible?
    Yep, it comes with those other rings but in the directions it says to run the 82mm ring (on the P-X) for optimal results and RPM's. They used the 82mm to get their 75 mph claim.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information