Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Monsterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Haverhill MA
    Posts
    10

    does anyone use Seafoam? what u guys use?

    i have a 07 vx delux with 39hrs on it and for the first ride i was going to fill up the tank and put some seafoam in the gas tank. is this ok to do with these? i always use it for my truck and threw the trucks brake booster vacume line and take out the carbon. idk if you can with the skis to or if it is reccomended.

    or is there another product that anyone uses as an additive to clean the skis out?

    also i had another Q will putting the cone air filter on fron island racing affect my warrenty anyways? and with that kit does it have an adapter for the hose that connects from the rear of the engine to the intake duct?

    Nick


  2. #2
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    i have a 07 vx delux with 39hrs on it and for the first ride i was going to fill up the tank and put some seafoam in the gas tank. is this ok to do with these? i always use it for my truck and threw the trucks brake booster vacume line and take out the carbon. idk if you can with the skis to or if it is reccomended.

    or is there another product that anyone uses as an additive to clean the skis out?

    also i had another Q will putting the cone air filter on fron island racing affect my warrenty anyways? and with that kit does it have an adapter for the hose that connects from the rear of the engine to the intake duct?

    Nick
    Seafoam works awesome! Perfectly safe. If your gonna induce it through a vac line, just dont do too much at a time. Dont wanna wash down the cylinder walls.

    FWIW I use it in my truck too.

  3. #3
    Monsterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Haverhill MA
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Seafoam works awesome! Perfectly safe. If your gonna induce it through a vac line, just dont do too much at a time. Dont wanna wash down the cylinder walls.

    FWIW I use it in my truck too.

    awesome i have always loved the stuff so i am glad some ppl use it for there skis to.

    i have come to see that many ppl dont know about it. no one has ever heard of it or used it, it seem like even the people at the local auto part places around here they didnt even know they carried it HAHA.

  4. #4
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    awesome i have always loved the stuff so i am glad some ppl use it for there skis to.

    i have come to see that many ppl dont know about it. no one has ever heard of it or used it, it seem like even the people at the local auto part places around here they didnt even know they carried it HAHA.
    I even used it in the gas tank on my old Ultra150. Never a problem.

  5. #5
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Seafoam works awesome! Perfectly safe. If your gonna induce it through a vac line, just dont do too much at a time. Dont wanna wash down the cylinder walls.

    FWIW I use it in my truck too.
    Or bend a rod ! Liquid dont compress as well as an air/fuel mixture. Recommend you use an atomizer if injecting thru a vacuum port.

    Seafoam is good but smokes like a bitch. Its more of a top engine cleaner. For injector cleaning I use a Chevron product called Techron. BG makes a good chemical too.

  6. #6
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Or bend a rod ! Liquid dont compress as well as an air/fuel mixture. Recommend you use an atomizer if injecting thru a vacuum port.

    Seafoam is good but smokes like a bitch. Its more of a top engine cleaner. For injector cleaning I use a Chevron product called Techron. BG makes a good chemical too.
    I made a setup that has a very small orifice that I hook up to my vac line. LS1 motors are notorious for crappy PCV systems. So they tend to suck oil through and burn it on top of the pistons. I just use the Foam for a top end clean.

  7. #7
    BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CENTRAL COAST, CALI
    Posts
    128
    use ringfree and a stabilizer and u r set

  8. #8
    New ski! Markb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    312
    I use techron in my ski as it comes with the fuel i buy at the petrol pump pre mixed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Keel guard- does anyone use it?
    By Bamaha1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
  2. Does anyone use Magellan Sportrak Color GPS?
    By ou812 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 12:07 AM
  3. Does anyone use their smart phone and a speedo app to find their speed?
    By Corey R. in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 02:58 PM
  4. does anyone use tc3 oil in their rotax motor?
    By darrenz in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 11:49 AM
  5. Does anyone use a boost gauge with S3 SC
    By KiwiRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •