does anyone use Seafoam? what u guys use?

i have a 07 vx delux with 39hrs on it and for the first ride i was going to fill up the tank and put some seafoam in the gas tank. is this ok to do with these? i always use it for my truck and threw the trucks brake booster vacume line and take out the carbon. idk if you can with the skis to or if it is reccomended.

or is there another product that anyone uses as an additive to clean the skis out?

also i had another Q will putting the cone air filter on fron island racing affect my warrenty anyways? and with that kit does it have an adapter for the hose that connects from the rear of the engine to the intake duct?

Nick

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    i have a 07 vx delux with 39hrs on it and for the first ride i was going to fill up the tank and put some seafoam in the gas tank. is this ok to do with these? i always use it for my truck and threw the trucks brake booster vacume line and take out the carbon. idk if you can with the skis to or if it is reccomended.

or is there another product that anyone uses as an additive to clean the skis out?

also i had another Q will putting the cone air filter on fron island racing affect my warrenty anyways? and with that kit does it have an adapter for the hose that connects from the rear of the engine to the intake duct?

Nick
    Seafoam works awesome! Perfectly safe. If your gonna induce it through a vac line, just dont do too much at a time. Dont wanna wash down the cylinder walls.

FWIW I use it in my truck too.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Seafoam works awesome! Perfectly safe. If your gonna induce it through a vac line, just dont do too much at a time. Dont wanna wash down the cylinder walls.

awesome i have always loved the stuff so i am glad some ppl use it for there skis to.

i have come to see that many ppl dont know about it. no one has ever heard of it or used it, it seem like even the people at the local auto part places around here they didnt even know they carried it HAHA.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    awesome i have always loved the stuff so i am glad some ppl use it for there skis to.

i have come to see that many ppl dont know about it. no one has ever heard of it or used it, it seem like even the people at the local auto part places around here they didnt even know they carried it HAHA.
    I even used it in the gas tank on my old Ultra150. Never a problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post

Or bend a rod ! Liquid dont compress as well as an air/fuel mixture. Recommend you use an atomizer if injecting thru a vacuum port.

Seafoam is good but smokes like a bitch. Its more of a top engine cleaner. For injector cleaning I use a Chevron product called Techron. BG makes a good chemical too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Or bend a rod ! Liquid dont compress as well as an air/fuel mixture. Recommend you use an atomizer if injecting thru a vacuum port.

Seafoam is good but smokes like a bitch. Its more of a top engine cleaner. For injector cleaning I use a Chevron product called Techron. BG makes a good chemical too.
    I made a setup that has a very small orifice that I hook up to my vac line. LS1 motors are notorious for crappy PCV systems. So they tend to suck oil through and burn it on top of the pistons. I just use the Foam for a top end clean.

BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
    use ringfree and a stabilizer and u r set

I use techron in my ski as it comes with the fuel i buy at the petrol pump pre mixed.

Thread Information