Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar

Just picked up an RXP. Did I do alright?

So I just returned from a long drive to go pick up a 'new' 2006 RXP from a dealer in the Southwest and have a few questions regarding my purchase for those that don't mind insulting me.

Yes, I've crossed over to the darkside. After getting influenced by buddies Sundance and RXTMAN with their modded Doos, I decided to jump ship in an attempt to "get in where I fit in", so to speak. And yeah, getting punished by both these chaps as if my anchor was dropped also probably had a little to do with it, too. I still have mad love for the smaller, better handling, and peppy 150, and while I still always enjoy riding the wife's Ultra 250, I had to get a taste of an RXP after getting passed up all weekend long at Mudbug last year by you damn 80+ mph guys. You guys are bad influences on the bank account.

Now I'm not going to mention the name of the dealer I picked it up from, as this isn't a thread intended to bash any business or anything...I just want to know if I got bent over. The conditions of the purchase were a little different considering the year, etc, and I kinda felt like maybe they were trying to play me a little bit, but I don't know, as I can't really compared it to any of my other four PWC purchases of the past. Either way, and if I did get clowned, I was going to buy it regardless, as the goal is to have the Rude kit with injectors, ECU, and complete 80 mph works done by the time Mudbug is here (which as we all know - seems to be just right around the corner). Time was a factor so I was buying that day either way it went.

The ski was advertised on a pretty well known classified PWC site as a "New 2006 RXP!" I specifically asked them "Does it have 0 hours?", and was told that yes, it was a new ski sitting in the showroom. Upon walking into the showroom I see the black and gold RXP sitting there next to a few other RXP-Xs and such. The asking internet price on the site I found it on was $8995. Upon sitting on the ski, inspecting it, and looking closer at it, I realize that it certainly appears to have been in water. When asking the "I normally sell Quads, ATVs, and Bikes" salesrep, I was told "Ummmm, that's just from being outside in the rain. I said "Heh, it has 5 hours on the clock, dude, and has some waterspots on it in places that look pretty hard to get to from just 'being out in the rain', as you say! Be straight with me here...I'm not a tire-kicker, I'm genuinely interested in taking this ski with me all the way back to Texas. Tell me what I want to hear and I'll buy it! He then says "It's new, trust me. The 5 hours are probably from when it was left on or when we were charging the battery. The ignition was probably left on." he said. I told him "The ignition turns off by itself if it's left on", only for him to say "Maybe when we charged the battery, it left the ignition on!" My buddy and I were thinking to ourselves "Is this guy serious? For 5 hours?" Now at this point, I honestly didn't care if it had been in the water, but AT LEAST BE HONEST WITH ME! The fact that the guy thought I was born yesterday made me not want to buy it just on principle. But whatever, if I got a good deal on it and it runs fine, what do I care. 5 hours is nothing, right?

So I tell the dude that if they can do it for $8K that I'd load it up right now. The following is what I paid out the door and I'd like to know what you guys think. A steal and crazy deal, pretty fair and normal price, or load up on Vaseline?

- 2006 RXP with 5 hours sitting on the showroom floor (been in the water).
    - No Warranty (which doesn't matter, as it's getting immediately modded).

- Price: $8000
    - Dealer Freight: $697.88
    - Dealer Set Up: $425.25
    - Total Accessories: $38.58 (????)
    - Sales Tax: $742.10
    - Dealer Titling/Processing: $299.95
    - Grand Total Out the Door -----------> $10,203,76

Did I get jacked or does that sound about right? Feel free to make fun of me and laugh if I have it coming to me.
    Last edited by Ballin Ultras; 05-01-2008 at 02:33 AM.

+1
    You got bent over. Sucks for you... Bitchen ski though. Out the door should have been 8 grand. New 07's out here in Cali are going for $9200 out the door. I was suprised at that price but it's for real.
    Anyways who cares what you paid. You are going to love it and the deal is behind you.. So mod and go roast some people!!!

Honestly...

I would have paid the extra bit and gotten the new RXT-X sitting next to it. I would have said it was an okay deal if you walked out with it at 8.. but over 10?? Yeah.. I would say there is a little Vasoline there.

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red rider View Post
    You got bent over. Sucks for you... Bitchen ski though. Out the door should have been 8 grand. New 07's out here in Cali are going for $9200 out the door. I was suprised at that price but it's for real.
    Anyways who cares what you paid. You are going to love it and the deal is behind you.. So mod and go roast some people!!!
    Heh...that's kind what I thought and I'm glad you confirmed it. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Honestly...

I would have paid the extra bit and gotten the new RXT-X sitting next to it. I would have said it was an okay deal if you walked out with it at 8.. but over 10?? Yeah.. I would say there is a little Vasoline there.
    Honestly, I was tapped out on cash (already making payments on one ski, didn't want to do it on two) so this is what I had to do. This RXP is paid for. The RXP-X would have been another $4000 or so on top of what I paid. Also, and I know this sounds silly, I wanted an all black hull and not a silver one (like the RXP-Xs). I know that sounds corny, but we're going to do a certain color scheme on this ski that would require a black hull. And besides, I think we'll be happy with the power after we dump about $3000-4000 into it. It'll pull on stock RXP-Xs after that....

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    bent by $700-800 but congrads on the new purchase, now get the wrenches out

i got 07 rxp brand new (0 hours) i got it in november in florida for 9800. otd.
    this included triton trailer, cover, and two neopreen vests....
    btw, i put alot of mods on it recently .... doing 82-83...
    that was another 8000....

where in texas you live? im down in CC

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    For 5 hours and no warranty you got the shaft. Might as well bought a used one for less than $8k since you are immediately going to tear into it. I would have never paid all those dealer add ons for a used/demo ski. What if it ate washers right out the door and that's how they ended up with it?

Have another dealer run the vin to see if it has ever been registred or had the washers replaced , if it shows the engine removed/reinstalled or SC rebuilt then call seadoo and report the story to them " new ski on showroom floor sold with now warranty! " .

My guess is that ski was sold , had a problem and returned, no new ski is sold with no warranty!

Wow I Paid $9000 Out the door back in July 06 when I bought mine. Did you check or ask about the washers and bearing??

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information