Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Noob question, yes another noob

Hey guys,

My brother in-law and I just bought a used 2007 250X with 7 hours on it. We are in Canada and bought it from a guy who imports them into Canada from the States.

Guess what: The guy didn't get any recalls done prior to bring the ski into the US and Kawasaki Canada is not willing to do them. They told our local dealer we need to take the ski back to the US for the recalls or have the importer do the recalls. We are a long ways from any dealer in the US and the importer is just an importer.

So we are stuck between a friggin rock and a hard place so we are going to have to do our own wrenching. SO I AM GOING TO HAVE A TON MORE QUESTIONS.

But first and foremost I need a Service Manual for a 2007 Ultra 250X. I can't seem to find where to buy one so....

Where can I get one? Are there any available on line?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drtbk4ever View Post
    Hey guys,

My brother in-law and I just bought a used 2007 250X with 7 hours on it. We are in Canada and bought it from a guy who imports them into Canada from the States.

Guess what: The guy didn't get any recalls done prior to bring the ski into the US and Kawasaki Canada is not willing to do them. They told our local dealer we need to take the ski back to the US for the recalls or have the importer do the recalls. We are a long ways from any dealer in the US and the importer is just an importer.

So we are stuck between a friggin rock and a hard place so we are going to have to do our own wrenching. SO I AM GOING TO HAVE A TON MORE QUESTIONS.

But first and foremost I need a Service Manual for a 2007 Ultra 250X. I can't seem to find where to buy one so....

Where can I get one? Are there any available on line?
    Contact Rudy from Rrated. http://www.rratedperformance.com/ultra250xgaskets.html He has them in stock and ships everywhere. Tell him Scott sent you.

Scott

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    Contact Rudy from Rrated. http://www.rratedperformance.com/ultra250xgaskets.html He has them in stock and ships everywhere. Tell him Scott sent you.

Scott

Scott, Thanks for the link. I will contact Rudy and "drop" your name. I had seen people refer to R-rated before, but now I have the link.

Thanks.

The recalls are not hard to do; in fact I would rather do it my self if my local dealer would have supplied me with the parts. Have you check the recall thread yet http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39869

First and fore most of my concerns
    - Checked the fuel rail clip is secure, no gas is dripping.
    - Swapped out those spark plugs immediate.
    - Secure the Finger throttle, so it doesn’t move.
    - Check and tighten all intake and exhaust tube.
    - Move speed sensor down as far as it allows you to.

There’s more so read up on it from above link. There are some I wouldn’t do but I let the gurus tell you that.

Try to call up the closes dealer to you and see if they’ll ship all the recall items to you. I sure all you would have to pay is shipping.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdracer View Post
    The recalls are not hard to do; in fact I would rather do it my self if my local dealer would have supplied me with the parts. Have you check the recall thread yet http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39869

First and fore most of my concerns
    - Checked the fuel rail clip is secure, no gas is dripping.
    - Swapped out those spark plugs immediate.
    - Secure the Finger throttle, so it doesn’t move.
    - Check and tighten all intake and exhaust tube.
    - Move speed sensor down as far as it allows you to.

There’s more so read up on it from above link. There are some I wouldn’t do but I let the gurus tell you that.

Try to call up the closes dealer to you and see if they’ll ship all the recall items to you. I sure all you would have to pay is shipping.

Thanks JDRacer, I was thinking just what you were thinking.

I was just in the garage with the recall sheets and looking at how complicated it would be. I checked the fuel rail and it is fine. The throttle plate is only $6.00 so my Canadian dealer has ordered that for me
    and the install is easy.

The supercharger water intrusion looks pretty straight forward, I just need the kit. I have no clue what the cost is on that. Fogging the supercharger is a little intimidating, but what the hell, I should learn how to do that someday anyway.

The ignition switch replacement doesn't look too hard, but the Switch costs $500. So I was kinda wondering if I could talk a US dealer to order the part and ship to me. I like the way you think. I'll have to look into that.

I'll keep an eye on the plugs.

Is there a thread on the intake and exhaust hoses somewhere?

What is this with the Speed sensor? I don't recall reading anything about that. I'll have to do a search on that.

Cheers.

Please PM me your info, I can get the Recall items for you. I will let ya know the shipping cost.

Membership here has its privileges

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Please PM me your info, I can get the Recall items for you. I will let ya know the shipping cost.

Skip goes out of the way to help and comes through again for someone in need. Way to go Skip. I know you have helped me a lot with just the information you give us. A big hardy thanks.

+1
    had same issues with my ski which was an import from the states. i phoned the dealer at new york motorcyles and he kindly sent me the recall items to australia for me to fit i couldnt have been happier with his service.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

VERY STAND UP!

^ +100

You’re a good guy Skip, have any old mod parts you’re tossing away. I'll gladly pay for shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information