Thread: Wedge

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar

Wedge

Alright guys I did a search with about 5 different wording types, but couldn't find any clear cut answers. Does a wedge actually increase speed on a machine with vts? I mean I run speed runs at one click above half and then riva's website states they do speed runs at half trim with the wedge. So does the wedge really help speed? Sorry if this has been answered a thousand times before, just curious cause people seem to be split.

I have always wanted to do a test on this just to see what happens, but it have never worked out that way for me. All i know is that when i put mine in it made the ski feel alot better. It felt like it was looser in the back end, and take off felt different. I would say that it had to help, but like I said I offer no proof.

+1
    I wish i could give you a good answer. As you are aware I saw no gain or loss with wedge from back to back testings. To me on the T-X with the VTS and the best speed to be at 1/2 to right above half trim I did not see any gains with wedge on top end. It did make the ski feel more cadillac like if you will, better ride, but that was all i noticed.

Now with the RXP which has vts i definitely like the wedge for all gains. Handling and speed. But also the rxp's have always seen there best top speed with trim up high without and with wedge.

I think for the T-X it has something to do with the stock grate, and when we get our riva grate we might see different situation with wedge on T-X with VTS.

As soon as i get my set back pump for the rxp i will have that wedge and vts ext. available for the T-X too try with riva grate and prop.

My reccomendation for you on your T-X is that you will not find much top end gain if any with the stock setup and adding wedge. You will probablly gain some ride and handling feel.
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I wish i could give you a good answer. As you are aware I saw no gain or loss with wedge from back to back testings. To me on the T-X with the VTS and the best speed to be at 1/2 to right above half trim I did not see any gains with wedge on top end. It did make the ski feel more cadillac like if you will, better ride, but that was all i noticed.

Now with the RXP which has vts i definitely like the wedge for all gains. Handling and speed. But also the rxp's have always seen there best top speed with trim up high without and with wedge.

I think for the T-X it has something to do with the stock grate, and when we get our riva grate we might see different situation with wedge on T-X with VTS.

As soon as i get my set back pump for the rxp i will have that wedge and vts ext. available for the T-X too try with riva grate and prop.

My reccomendation for you on your T-X is that you will not find much top end gain if any with the stock setup and adding wedge. You will probablly gain some ride and handling feel.
    Hope that helps.
    VTS on the T-X was to solution to a 2.5 degree wedge on a RXT? Have more riding options with the VTS on the T-X.

Thread Information