Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Only 60mph

Only 60mph

Got a 2007 ultra. Bought it at 35 hours. But my gps runs only show 100km/h (60mph). RPM is about 7800. Should'nt it be faster?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sigga View Post
    Got a 2007 ultra. Bought it at 35 hours. But my gps runs only show 100km/h (60mph). RPM is about 7800. Should'nt it be faster?
    Get a GPS

It's with a GPS

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    damn I must be blind.....

Have you checked the pump for anything in it?
    Is it cavitating?
    Whats the boost?

I would think you should be running somewhere between 67 and 69 mph with you turning 7800rpm's. If I remember correctly that is what mine does. I think I would borrow another gps and run it again. Good luck

Think I got about 10 in boost. Strange if it's the gps. Will check my pump before next run but I think it's ok.I also check the oil level often because GIO . Could it be that it has been overfilled before and that the intercooler is filled with oil, or will this show in less boost? The run was at sea level in about 10 degrees celsius...

+1
    Wow 7800rpm at 60mph does not stack up. I agree check the gps against another one, if thats ok I'd start looking in the pump, you have the rpms but there could be a slip factor somewhere.

You're boost sounds about right. Avg boost is around 10. No higher than 11.4 You're Rpm's are higher than the avg. I have an '08 ultra and turn about 7750. I would definitely check your GPS

Gunked up intercooler quick check

Well if your intercooler is all gunked up I dont think that would lower the boost all that much but it would deff not allow the intercooler to do its job of cooling the air that is passing through it because the inside fins are all gunked up

How I checked my intercooler to see if its gunked up with out removing the intercooler is...
    I heated up the air tube that comes off the supercharger that goes to the intercooler a little bit with a hair dryer to make it more flexable popped it off with a long screwdriver and got a mirror and a flash light and held the mirror down near the hole the hose you just removed was attached and at just the right angle you can shine the flash light on the mirror and it will reflect the light into the intercooler and there you should see the fins....either clean or covered in in oily slime

This saved me lots of time

And to replace the hose just lay it down on the floor heat it up again and as fast as you can get it back on the supercharger and intercooler as it will cool down fast and lose the flexability...you may also want to wear a pair of gloves becasue the tube will be pretty hot after you finish with the hair dryer

There are lots of things that could slow you down but this is one of the 1st I would check if I were in your place

I do not think you RPMs are too high I ran that high or higher last year on my 07 250x

Let us know how it goes !
    Last edited by Ultra250xryder; 05-01-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    You're boost sounds about right. Avg boost is around 10. No higher than 11.4 You're Rpm's are higher than the avg. I have an '08 ultra and turn about 7750. I would definitely check your GPS
    I wouldnt waist any time checking the cooler.

reason being if it was causing dramas you would not be able to achieve the RPMS that u are seeing.

I beleive the pump clearance or the like ( pump problem), weed on the grate causing cavitation etc , but definatly a drive issue , cause your engine is producing the correct RPM but they aint getting to the water for some reason,

Warren

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information