SBT Engines? Or elsewhere?

Hey all....some of you may know my RXP gave up on me from the other thread "another one bites the dust".

Im about to start pulling parts to see what all has happened in particular. Meanwhile, Im fishing around to see what my engine replacement options are.

Has anyone bought from SBT or know anything about the reliability of their rebuilt engines????
    This HAS to be easier than keeping my own block and rebuilding it from the ground up, right??!

Thanks a bunch!
    sean
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 05-01-2008 at 08:26 PM.

The last time I looked at SBT's web site, they said that you need to send your engine to them Before they can tell you if the core is reusable. If it's not reusable, then you pay the full price. Just an FYI... Ron

+1
    Rebuilding the motor is rarely worth the cost unless you do it yourself. I found this out when I hydrolocked my 04 RXP. I know a few people who have sbt motors and they are happy with them. The nicest thing is they have the best warrenty in the business.

I have bought 2 engines from them in the past. Very good guys to work with & they stand behind their product even if you make a mistake installing it. We changed a 580 on a 93 GTX & had a air pocket in the oil line to the rotory valve. Motor lasted about 15 mins. Sent it back to them & they enchanged it & sent it out with 1 day turn around. I also did a 951 and it still runs great.

Quote Originally Posted by dave262626 View Post
    I have bought 2 engines from them in the past. Very good guys to work with & they stand behind their product even if you make a mistake installing it. We changed a 580 on a 93 GTX & had a air pocket in the oil line to the rotory valve. Motor lasted about 15 mins. Sent it back to them & they enchanged it & sent it out with 1 day turn around. I also did a 951 and it still runs great.
    Same here, bought a 787 & 580 about 3 years ago. Ran very well, no problems and they ran right at stock speeds. I've only HEARD that have cheap bearings and it's not wise to go modifying them.

+1
    I'll be there 2 weeks from sunday, and can bring a couple items needed to get it apart and see if repairable or if u need a motor from Frank in a plastic bin coverd w/ new quilt blanket

We just bought an SBT motor for my kawasaki 1100 STX-R

Nice engine, It runs very well, top notch quality

Thread Information