Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    07 GP1300R

LIVID - took ski in for recall, dealer screws up my ski

I took my ski in last friday to have the throttle cable recall performed. I also had them do the D-plate since they had one in stock but they had to wait until the sensor came in to do it. Wednesday (yesterday) I go by and they have the sensor and tell me they will probably have it done by tomorrow morning/afternoon

Go by today at 1130 and they havent even touched it. I haven't had a day off in 2 weeks and I really wanted to get out and ride so I ask if they will just let me have my ski and I'll bring it back tomorrow. They say they can't because it's a recall blah blah blah. They say they will try and get it done as fast as they can.

They end up finishing at like 5:50 (Over 6 hours from when I first came in). when I pick up the ski it is FILTHY, I mean I brought in a super clean ski (I easily spend an hour and a half cleaning it after I go out) now it's got grease and grime all over the motor and the ski in general.

I ignore the grime figuring I'll clean it when I get home and drop it in the water at like 6:15 only to find that a) it idles weird b) the throttle cable is too tight and I can't even squeeze it all the way before it hits full throttle and c) when I turn left it accelerates. I rode for about 10 minutes before putting it back on the trailer and hauling ass. What a waste of a day

What would you guys do? I mean I could pull everything back apart and find out what's wrong but damn what a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by GP1300RnPVB; 05-01-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Smile

Sounds like the reason I closed my shop,good help who cares about somes equipment is hard to find.It sounds like the throttle cable is adjusted too tight and they either didnt have enough slack,or routed it wrong.Or just plain flat didnt even check adjustment.I'm not familar with your ski whether its fly by wire or goes to the throttle body or carbs directly.I bet if you adjust out your cable you'll be fine,look at bright side at least it runs (sorry ,but you gotta not let this get to you)life is too short >Marvin

+1
    Well.. for me the story probably would have ended after they told me I couldnt have MY ski back after they didn't do the work on time. They would have had to lock me up Go to the ramp and take a video of there fine work. Then go straight to the dealer and tell them to fix it rite, while you watch them do it or tell them your going to go home and post the video on GH for 11,000 people to see there fine work!

07 GP1300R
    The most annoying thing is that I told them that the chip doesn't work with 05-07 GPR's and they respond by saying, well it says it will in the manual :retard:

While the alarm didn't go off during my 10 minute ride it did when I got home and started cleaning it up. Luckily I already have a 2.2k resistor soldered up and ready to go in because I knew they were wrong.

After you spoke with the manager, he went and talked to the tech. The discussion went something like this. "I need this ski fixed now and nobody goes home until it's done!" Tech, who was planning on leaving early, says "fine!" Tech proceeds to "slam the job out" and then goes home.

Take the ski back and tell the manager you want it right ,you want it soon and you want it clean!

+1
    If the throttle is messed up I would question if they got the oil injection cable set correctly too.

+1
    do they have to remove the oil injectin cables to replace the throttle cable?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phen440 View Post
    do they have to remove the oil injectin cables to replace the throttle cable?
    Yes they do, the throttle cable and oil injection cable are connected.

Read the recall bulletin it shows you step by step the work the dealer will perform.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54289
    Last edited by SpeedJunky; 05-02-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: added link

Chine Walker
    This faulty repair is a serious liablity for the dealer and Yamaha, especially if you consider the nature of the recall. See if you can contact the area rep. These guys hate dealers that do this poor work; it exposes Yamaha to negative publicity.

jp

+1
    Take it back. Have photos of the shotty work and a written list of the new complaints. Be firm and calm when speaking to them. Go directly to the Service manager or Ownership. Find out when they can get it right in, schedule it, bring it and wait on it.

Service people hate customers kicking field goals up their asses !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information