Hull Damage repair cost

I would like to know if I am getting a good deal. I was the guy that ran into a sumerge stumped. Damaged the hull pretty good. It is scraped right in the middle and then right before the motor mount there is a hole and part of the stump. The dealer told me his fiberglass guy will do it for 1250.00 I know nothing about figerglass. Please tell me what you think and give me some advice. Thanks as always

Peter

+1
    Pete, If you want (and IF I remember ), I'll try to bring my digital camera to the shop & snap a few pics to post up for you tomorrow. I'm curious to see what others have to say, as I'm subbing this work out.

+1
    What year ski?
    You might be better selling it on ebay and putting that $1200-$1500 BUCKS INTO A NEW ONE.

I have seen awesome ski's with hull damage go for $6500+ ON ebay.

So $6500+$1500 and you have $8000. That would get you a great ski and you wouldn't have to second guess if it was fixed correctly.

Just a thought. And Just my .02 cents. Sorry it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set Performance
    Pete, If you want (and IF I remember ), I'll try to bring my digital camera to the shop & snap a few pics to post up for you tomorrow. I'm curious to see what others have to say, as I'm subbing this work out.
    Derrick....I have some pics and I will try to get them on later today. Thanks for all your help!!!!!!

Waterfire..

The ski is on 05 RXP. It just turned 50 hours. The ski is really brand new. I would lose too much mnoney by selling it and then having to get a brand new one. Also just bought the extended warrenty so tha money would be lost on that also.

I have been dealing with Derrick from Jet set Performance and he is always treated me great. I believe whatever he tells me. He said that his fiberglass guy does great work. I just wanted to pick up some knowledge on fiberglass cost and repairs. I welcome any other info. Good or bad. That is why this site is so great.

Also...anyone in the Jersey tri state area...If you need work done get a hold of Derrick at Jet Set Performance. He is located in Lumberton, NJ 609-267-9991. Finally a honest person with lots of knowledge on all skis!!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by RXPNJ

Also...anyone in the Jersey tri state area...If you need work done get a hold of Derrick at Jet Set Performance. He is located in Lumberton, NJ 609-267-9991. Finally a honest person with lots of knowledge on all skis!!

Peter

Who`s this guy Derrick??? HUH??? ...PR...
    To late! He already has his signature on my ski!

Thread Information