Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1

Gauging Interest : 02 Virage 1200 - new motor/pump/seats

I am about to pickup a jetboat this weekend, and may decide to sell my virage project.

This is almost done and ready to go.

The ski started as a 700cc carb, and is currently setup for 1200cc fuel injection.
    The motor has just been completely rebuilt top to bottom, all new parts, new sleeves, new rings, new rebuilt crank, new heads, new throttle bodies, polished the inside of the cases, fresh paint, everything. Brand new TDR water box.
    Motor was from a 00 genesis, and so was the pump - so that means its the stainless 6 vane one, and that has just been completely rebuilt with all new seals, and bearings. There is a perf impellor, but I don't recall the specs at the moment. FI system (injectors and EMM) are from the 00 genesis, and the wiring harness is from an 02 virage FI.
    Bought a new FI virage fuel tank, and new fuel pump, new oil sensor, brand new factory polaris seat, brand new slippery ski cover, has over $400 worth of new polaris stainless bolts installed, MFD is from a newer model virage that has no scratches or sunfade.

All this should need is to have the motor bolted in, wires/hoses installed, pump aligned and mounted and your good to go. The motor is assembled and ready to go, as is the pump. Anything that was slightly damaged or showing wear was replaced. Bought a new handlebar cover just because the old one was faded.

Comes with a trailer - brand new wheels and tires, lights, tongue, bunk brackets, winch - all brand new. Needs to have the 2x4 bunks carpeted, I have the carpet, just needs to be finished. And the winch needs to be bolted on.

So with that said what is this worth ?
    I recall seeing rebuilt 1200 FI motors selling on ebay with EMM and injectors for nearly $2000 during the summer. Heck I saw driveshafts selling for $70!

BTW - located in norfolk, va and have clean and clear title for the ski, trailer needs to apply for a homebuilt - I can't find a vin on it anywhere ??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Photos?

What was the objective with this project - to create a Virage TXi?

What price did you have in mind?
    It is too far away for me, but I am curious.

+1
    No photos at the moment, its white with yellow, and a silver seat from the freedom (with virage hinge attached for rear storage).
    Looks stock.

The goal was just to build a ski.
    Had a wrecked genesis I picked up cheap, found a virage hull with no motor, rebuilt the 1200 for the virage. Its almost a drop in affair, just had to move the motor mounts 4" forward, change to a FI gas tank, and add the FI harness.
    People question why I went with the FI motor over carb. I figure I don't have to screw around with setting carbs (Im over that after dealing with motorcycles and dirtbikes for years), has a smooth linear powerband, and is a helluva upgrade for a 700cc Virage. And the biggest reason is I allready had it

Its a very nicely built motor, I wish I had another, I would shoehorn em into this seadoo speedster im getting.

+1
    As far as pricing, I'm open to offers. I don't even know if I want to sell it.

I have seen virage 1200's selling for $3500ish with however many hours on the motor.
    I beleive I can part it out for $2500-3000. Especially in the middle of summer.
    I would probably be happy with $2800. Its a new motor, but needs install, so I think thats a fair price for both buyer and seller.

Thread Information