Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riva High Flow Hood (Worth it?)

I think some guys have the high flow hood and i mjust wondering if it is worth the cost? and also how much water comes in. i need a better air intake setup and this is one of my options im considering. any information will be helpful like any increase on RPM's. thanks, justin

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    I don't get any water in mine but I'm not a super aggressive rider in that sense...It could get water in but I think the potential danger is just about as remote as the ac tual chance it get's water in...

The supercharger whine is considerably more noticed. It is a quality piece (better finish than the stocker IMO) and it's quite possible that it contributes to performance. I installed it at the same time as the rest of my Stage II but I can say that it combined with the Riva thermo equals no heat fade at all in Florida heat...

Personally I feel it's a "finishing touch" part. If you've done the bulk of everything else (or at least everything you want to do) then get it but if you still have substantial parts purchases towards performance then I would put the money elsewhere...IMO

+1
    I like my under seat vent with it being cut out to fit my 4in intake.
    It was FREE and works just as good.
    IMO...

thanks for the input guys. i think im going to hold off until i get all the parts i need like u guys said. i may just go with the rear air intake and be done with it.

+1
    whats the rear intake?? whats its advantage over the riva??

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    thanks for the input guys. i think im going to hold off until i get all the parts i need like u guys said. i may just go with the rear air intake and be done with it.
    do u use ur glove box? what i mean is, could u live without it? get a length of 4" tubing, run it to under the glove box. take the lid off ur glove box, completely cut out the bottom of the glove box, leave the sides and lid intact w/ all waterproof seals. so u have a 4" air intake with lots of fresh ouside air not to mention a WICKED sc whine right in ur face..literally!...and when u ride in the ocean/rough..put the lid on ur glove box. water-tight..no worries. no need to spend 400 bills

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16
    do u use ur glove box? what i mean is, could u live without it? get a length of 4" tubing, run it to under the glove box. take the lid off ur glove box, completely cut out the bottom of the glove box, leave the sides and lid intact w/ all waterproof seals. so u have a 4" air intake with lots of fresh ouside air not to mention a WICKED sc whine right in ur face..literally!...and when u ride in the ocean/rough..put the lid on ur glove box. water-tight..no worries. no need to spend 400 bills
    thats another good idea man. never thought of that either. i may do that one or may have a rear are intake and a 4" air intake under the glovebox. then if i want to ride in rough water use the 4" and in smooth water use the rear intake. but ur idea may be even easier. thanks

where can i get one of these at?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t_fh000004_146_151.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	4218  

Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic
    whats the rear intake?? whats its advantage over the riva??
    4inch tube with about a foot of length before it's getting 100% fresh air. Can't beat it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake_bucket_985.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	4219  

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16
    thats another good idea man. never thought of that either. i may do that one or may have a rear are intake and a 4" air intake under the glovebox. then if i want to ride in rough water use the 4" and in smooth water use the rear intake. but ur idea may be even easier. thanks
    i have creative ideas every once in a while

exactly, something like that jet draft air intake, just lower the filter a few inches so when u put the lid on ur not starving the sc of air.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information