Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Hi & help with Nitrous?

Hi, I must say this is a great site, glad to have found it and I hope that someone can assist.

I've read and re-read posts regarding nitrous installs, but I can't seem to pin down the problem with our pwc in any of them.

My husband and I put our own dry nitrous setup on our 07 GP1300R. We ran two nozzles which point into the intake on either side of the center throttle-body. When we run a 28 jet it seems to slow it down almost like its on the limiter or the ski is bogging and then it will speed up for a second just as we let off the throttle. We have 14/20 solas, riva fuel controler, a D plate, a jet works valve, an Intake grate, a homemade air filter kit and a shredmaster ride plate.

Do we need smaller jets? Is there something else that needs adjusted/modified/upgraded?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

+1
    Welcome to the forum. This should help you

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hlight=nitrous

RUNWME

He will help you out

This is going to hurt!! DANGER1049's Avatar
    How do the plugs look after you spray it? Thats the first thing you check. Nitrous is cool.

Nitrous is like a jot chick with an STD, u want to hit it but your affraid of the consequences. HAHA i blew up 2 outboards runing nitrous its all about prep.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    RUNWME

He will help you out
    Yep , Happy to help

What do you set your fuel controller on ? 11 ? I have different jets you can use, but it sounds like your running way lean. Do you have a EGT on it ? Are you running 2 .028 jets in each nozzle or one?

When I ran a .029 jet and just using fuel controller to richen, my jet was about 36 inches away from intake path.... I had it going into 1/2 pipe so it could warm some and expand.. then it would mix with ambient air to make it super oxygenated air....... If I sprayed directly into cleaner, the .029 jet was too big. You can post details here or give me a calll and I will help you get it sorted out.

Give me a call 252-341-5126

David
    Last edited by RUNWME; 05-02-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Sounds like lean to me. You can not spray a "dry" shot on a GPR without having a way to increase the fuel.

Its not like a LS1 camaro that has a mass airflow sensor to add more fuel when it senses more air flow.

I run a "wet" kit. With a stand alone fuel pump and fuel tank. That way you know its getting the right amount of added fuel along with the nitrous. I have 3 nozzles that inject into each cylinder. Each cylinder gets equal amount of nitrous and fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn25 View Post
    Sounds like lean to me. You can not spray a "dry" shot on a GPR without having a way to increase the fuel.
    I think what he is doing is same thing i was.... A dry system on EFI ski is easy way to get a few extra mph without any plumbing issues.
    I ran my pots 2 2 1 5 on my controller when I wasnt running nitrous.... When I knew I was going to make nitrous passes I would spin pot three to 11 so it would be 2 2 11 5 I experimented with having my nitrous relay activate my controller by disconnecting the ground... but it wasnt effective. What he is doing is good for 3-4 mph depending on how its propped.... btw... what prop are you running ? I ran a 14-25 with setup like your doing. What are your rpms on and off nitrous

David

Quote Originally Posted by RUNWME View Post
    Yep , Happy to help

What do you set your fuel controller on ? 11 ? I have different jets you can use, but it sounds like your running way lean. Do you have a EGT on it ? Are you running 2 .028 jets in each nozzle or one?
    The fuel controller is set at 8, no EGT (yet), 1 jet - we have various sizes of jets .018 +, have ran it with the .028 and as you say 'too big'.

Quote Originally Posted by RUNWME View Post
    what prop are you running ?
    Dynafly 14-20, just had it pitched and rebalanced to a 14-22

Danger1049 - spark plugs look as if she is running too rich, which goes against general consensus.

Ronn25 - As David said, just trying to get a few more bhp, not wanting to compete with jet boats or Camaros just yet.

Again thank you guys for your quick responses, food for thought.

We will do a few adjustments as per your suggestions and take notes of rpms etc. tomorrow. David, I will pass your phone number to my husband as he talks the talk better than I do.
    Last edited by YamaGal; 05-02-2008 at 11:33 PM.

+1
    Spark plug gap???????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information