Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking of selling 07 C180 SE and buying 200 speedster 310

Anyone have any opinions on the Speedster 200 with the twin 155s?

I love my challenger...but I want to head out on the ocean and I don't want to do that in a single engine boat.

My boat is a 2007 with 17 hours. I bought it in July 2007. I have a stainless ring and a 13/18 solas. I get great accelleration and I hit 43-45 mph with no problem. I am thinking I may be able to get the payoff value for it ($22,000) in a private sale. There is a local dealer with some leftover 2007s and they have two of the 310hp 200 speedsters.

Biggest question: Any opinions on the price for mine?
    Other question: Who has a 310 hp speedster 200 and has some decent info on it?

see if anyone has a 310hp Speedster that you can take out. You might not know if two 155hp engines will give you the power you want, and then you would want those engine to be the 215hp supercharged ones

I have took a ride once on an Islandia that had this twin 155Hp set-up, now sure the Islandia is bigger and heavier....the top speed was about of 40 mph WOT...i didn't find it to be very exciting...but again the Islandia is a very different bird than the S200.

I love my Utopia and am very happy with it. The 2006 boats have twin 4-TEC non-S/C'd engines in it. Trust me, you'll be very happy with the performance. I can make my boat dance like it's a PWC and absolutely have no regrets about it. I was considering moving up to a S/C version next year but I just couldn't handle my modding bug and the price of premium fuel in a 40 gal tank. You have to remember, if you're going to purchase it and mod in the future you're looking at twice the cost.....I've read about people spending 10-15K to mod their twin engine boats. Another reason I stuck with the twin 155's is in the Utopia series I was told that you would only gain 6 mph by moving up to a S/C version......To me it wasn't worth it but everyone has their opinions on this.

If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar
    When I was checking fuel mileage stats, I saw that the 2/155 Utopia got better mileage than my 180sc, and it is supposed to be slightly better performance too.

Quote Originally Posted by badvinny View Post
    When I was checking fuel mileage stats, I saw that the 2/155 Utopia got better mileage than my 180sc, and it is supposed to be slightly better performance too.
    Really?, do you remember where you saw the mileage stats?

Quote Originally Posted by spd5535 View Post
    I love my Utopia and am very happy with it. The 2006 boats have twin 4-TEC non-S/C'd engines in it. Trust me, you'll be very happy with the performance. I can make my boat dance like it's a PWC and absolutely have no regrets about it. I was considering moving up to a S/C version next year but I just couldn't handle my modding bug and the price of premium fuel in a 40 gal tank. You have to remember, if you're going to purchase it and mod in the future you're looking at twice the cost.....I've read about people spending 10-15K to mod their twin engine boats. Another reason I stuck with the twin 155's is in the Utopia series I was told that you would only gain 6 mph by moving up to a S/C version......To me it wasn't worth it but everyone has their opinions on this.

Yeah - I looked into modding the C180. For what it would cost to get 310 hp out of mine...I can probably sell it and upgrade to a twin 155 non/sc engine setup and get better performance anyway.

It really is hard to know since I don't know of any C180's that have that many ponies. I would think reliability would be an issue. I can turn wrenches, but I don't want to become an expert on tweaking boost, fuel, air and everything else on a heavily modded setup. I want to spend my weekends IN the boat, not FIXING the boat.

Having the boat under warranty is kind of a big deal for me as well.

While 430 HP would be awesome...but that sucker has to DRINK GAS. And again, I would think the non-sc motors would last longer, cost less to maintain, and 6mph is just not enough to justify the expense...for me anyway.

I definately think you would be happy with the twin 155's. You have to remember, 310 in one engine will not out perform 2 155 engines. It's usually the opposite. You would be amazed how nimble these twin 4-TEC boats are; you can really make them dance. I'm very happy with the fuel economy and I did a few mods but my dealer told me they would NOT void my extended warranty. In addition, I've been told as long as you don't push the 155's too much they're bulletproof.....

Oh, and to add in the S/C boats you're supposed to run premium gas. Holy cow $4.25 gallon in a 40 gal. tank......Youch
    Last edited by spd5535; 05-07-2008 at 09:18 PM.

The point is if you like it buy it, but nobody here will tell you the same, you got to make your own idea of it. Let's just say that with my budget and needs, one SCIC engine was the best option for me, but then if i was to choose a twin engine boat in the Sea-Doo line-up i would definitely opt for the twin 155hp package.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 05-08-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Totally agree......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information