Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Post in correct forum - Perfromance Forum is a Mess

What up with all the non-related topics in the Performance Forum?
    Why is it so hard for people to post in the correct forums?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    my thoughts exactly buddy. the performance forum over the past 2 days has gotten worse and worse. I've personally let it go and not said anything because alot of it is post-mudbug excitement.

i'm excited and i wasn't even there! but.... u r right, the categories are there for a reason.

i looked at all the posts and said to myself, what kind of individual do i want to be? ... i'm probably the moderator that spends the most time here (that's not meant to sound like a bragging right, kinda sad i spend that much time on a computer reading this forum huh?) ... but alot of times i'm hesitant to move topics and edit things and whatnot bc i feel like then i'll be the bad guy. the kid that thinks he's a tough guy bc he's a moderator, and i think it would be obvious bc let's see, who was the moderator that was online at the time everything was moved and editted... 9 times outta 10 u'll see me signed on.

this job ain't easy, especially when "friends" start actin up and u gotta go and edit their posts or PM them and tell em to tame down a little bit.

but anyway, enough of my rant ..... since it was unqeued (spelling?) that u brought this up, i will go ahead and move the inappapropraite topics as it is my duty to do so I THINK

STEVE

haha go get'em steve!

Just a suggestion for next years MB....Maybe we could add a section just for MB. It might help with the mess and make it easier for us to look up info just about MB

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtxsc
    Just a suggestion for next years MB....Maybe we could add a section just for MB. It might help with the mess and make it easier for us to look up info just about MB
    i like this idea too! since everyone wants to read about it and talk about it afterwards!

great idea....but some people are really excited about the whole experience and they just want to share...you all know that the most views go into the performance section...not many people log on and say....hmmm...lets go to the general section to post how excited I am and what I have to offer....just my thoughts....

Peter

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    well here's an idea i've had guys for a few days now... i'd like to know what you guys think, but final decision needs to go by Jerry and MikeT.

the greenhulk.net has two forums... yamaha and 4-tec... fine no problem there, we are separate entities, but welcome each other back and forth on opposite boards with no problem.

IMO, performance is separate, but local rides, races, general all applies to BOTH entities. it'd be more fun to have ONE forum for mudbug, ONE forum for lcoal rides, ONE forum for general topics. it would equal more participation... now i may be off my rocker with making the general forums the same, but for mudbug, races, and local rides... here's what i think...

when you click LOCAL RIDES, it should bring you to an URL something like www.greenhulk.net/events ... whether you are on the yamaha forum or the seadoo forum, it should bring u to the same site so that BOTH forums have the same local rides section so we can get better event turnouts and more riding buddies.

similarly for Mudbug... there should be a forum for Mudbug... when you click it, it should also bring you to www.greenhulk.net/events ... this way both YAMAHA AND 4-TEC members share the same forum, can talk about the same experience, and plan their road trips and hotels together.

it think it's silly that one of the forums emphasizes mudbug more than the other, so y not combine them, as well as races and local rides... but keep all performance separate.... we both call each other the dark side, but they all seem to be converting to OUR side, lolol .... not so sound like a .nutter ... but we are a greenhulk family regardless of what ski, so y not bring that family together by means of a common events forum.

am i onto an idea that interests people, or do u feel it would cause problems? ....

STEVE

+1
    Great idea Steve. I have been giving that very thing lots of thought. Its time to merge the forums and make them one.

Miket was looking into some better software for me to buy so we will probably do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Miket was looking into some better software for me to buy so we will probably do it then.
    Don't believe him Jerry! Mike just wants some new toys to play with. I know the drill to get something new to play with as I used to be a SW geek before I had a brain fart and went into management Oh the good old days.

BTW, I like the idea too Shib. Group rides are for all.

Great idea Shibby. All for one, one for all...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information