Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar

Help, Dropped tool!

I was putting the intercooler clamps back on and I dropped a screw driver in the engine compartment and it rolled underneath the engine. How do I get this out. I have reached everywhere imaginable and I cannot see it. Where should I look? Will this hurt anything if it stays down there? Is there anyway to get it out that anyone can think of?

Did u try one of those telescoping magnets or even a mirror to try to see where it went?? I am still finding sockets that get dropped lol.

Don´t worry you still know where the tool is

+1

Wink

+1 I drooped a screwdriver under my engine just the other day was putting the water pipe on the exaust manifold for my ex ic. I got 1 of those telescopic magnets look bit like a screwdriver but got a magnet down the middle tht pull out. it may take a while but u will eventually get it out. It shudnt rele doo any harm but would be best to get it out, u would prob hear it rattling about when on the water whuch would be annoying. Hope u have luck with your fishing trip, unare nt the 1st and i dnt suppose u will be the last

Funny stuff Jammer1. Thanks guys, I'll have to go looking for it later once i get a magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    Funny stuff Jammer1. Thanks guys, I'll have to go looking for it later once i get a magnet.
    Sorry, You know how I am. Forget the magnet and save some $$. Get an XXX large T-shirt, wet it. drop it in front of the engine. get the hose and water down behind the t- shirt, tilt the trailer and t-shirt soak with water acts like a Sqeee-G and drag everything behind....screwdriver, washers, nuts, bolts, MM sockets, dead rats, quarters, dimes, nickels, snap on wrench, Zip ties, tape........canadian passport? rusted allen wrench.......it's like "Home Depo" in a budget! I am not kidding. Try it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Sorry, You know how I am. Forget the magnet and save some $$. Get an XXX large T-shirt, wet it. drop it in front of the engine. get the hose and water down behind the t- shirt, tilt the trailer and t-shirt soak with water acts like a Sqeee-G and drag everything behind....screwdriver, washers, nuts, bolts, MM sockets, dead rats, quarters, dimes, nickels, snap on wrench, Zip ties, tape........canadian passport? rusted allen wrench.......it's like "Home Depo" in a budget! I am not kidding. Try it.
    thats a top idea. i rigged up a garden hose to a hi powered vac to suck it onto the end and drag it out. might try the shirt idea and have a go at the lucky dip

+1

and

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll haev to try some of those. It won't hurt the sea doo in the mean time if its there though will it. It is a small 4 in ch screwdriver.

+1
    no, it won't hurt. it may actually work its way to the back where you might see it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information