Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

can you not flip a gpr??

i keep reading on here about trashed grp's because they flipped. surly Yamaha pwc can handle being rolled in water or are they talking about flipping over and then rolled back over the wrong way?
    do they want to roll completely or do they just go upside down like my sea doo would .

+1
    Mine has never flipped upside down before. It's been on it's side, then the riders would fall off and it would pop right side up again, but it has never been upside down. My gsx, on the other hand, has flipped over and stayed upside down.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    they can flip upside down and stay that way. problems usually come from rolling it back the wrong way, or the water that leaks in being sucked into the engine.

+1
    Ah, well I'll just take your word for it. I'm not gonna go and try to flip mine. Haha.

well i dont race or drag race or anything like that i just ride around real hard and jump waves and my old sea doo would end up upside down 10X a day maybe the grp is not for me after all.

+1
    I jump waves with mine also and I've been knocked off a few times, but the ski has yet to flip or roll over. I think the gpr is exactly what you're looking for, as it seems you do the same kind of riding I do.

07 GP1300R
    I've rolled mine once and it was because I hit a wave that was coming over the top and I tried to escape but didn't turn before it flipped it. I'm only like 120 lbs and it was ridiculously easy to flip the ski back over and it started back up first try.

when i first bought my sea doo xp back in 2000 it was a 94 and on the first trip out i rolled it and it would not start i had to be towed about 3 miles back to the launch i took it back to the dealer and he said i should be able to flip the thing all day with no probs well it turned out that they had something installed wrong and the motor "650 2-stroke" had ingested water well thats why it would not start they got the water out put the part in right and i rode that thing another three years its hard for me to believe that Yamaha cant do something in 2008 that bombardier could do in 94 do these things have a sticker on the back that tells you to roll them over a certain way?

Quote Originally Posted by jayblazer View Post
    when i first bought my sea doo xp back in 2000 it was a 94 and on the first trip out i rolled it and it would not start i had to be towed about 3 miles back to the launch i took it back to the dealer and he said i should be able to flip the thing all day with no probs well it turned out that they had something installed wrong and the motor "650 2-stroke" had ingested water well thats why it would not start they got the water out put the part in right and i rode that thing another three years its hard for me to believe that Yamaha cant do something in 2008 that bombardier could do in 94 do these things have a sticker on the back that tells you to roll them over a certain way?
    its in the manual.

whats in the manual? i don't own one i am thinking of buying one. so i don't have a manual to consult.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information