Thread: rxp vs. ??

rxp vs. ??

guys i am new to the ski market. my best friend and his brother bought used r-12x's last season and our other friend bought a gp1300r. these are the only ski's i've been on.

i love the way the gp1300r rides - especially in the chop - felt so much more stable vs. the honda.

i would like to buy a rxp for 2 reason - 1 it would be faster then my friend's toys and 2 it would be something different for us to play with as we all switch around on each others skis.

i am worried about the reliabilty of the rxp and its rough water capabilites...

thanks!

Get the SHO

Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    Get the SHO
    i guess i forgot to mention i'm looking for a used ski - in the $6k range. and fuel consumption IS of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
    i guess i forgot to mention i'm looking for a used ski - in the $6k range. and fuel consumption IS of concern.
    For that price range, Start looking at 04s and 05s with low hours. If fuel consumption is of concern, I would recommend a N/A ski. Superchargers suck gas. I must say tho, GP1300r is probably the fastest non-supercharged skis out there. RXP is pretty good in the chop and if you do get one make sure they have metal washers and if not make sure to put them in. In conclusion, if you want a ski faster than the GP yes go with the RXP, but for a fast non SC ski, I would say go with the GP or maybe a 15f or GTIse 155.

Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    For that price range, Start looking at 04s and 05s with low hours. If fuel consumption is of concern, I would recommend a N/A ski. Superchargers suck gas. I must say tho, GP1300r is probably the fastest non-supercharged skis out there. RXP is pretty good in the chop and if you do get one make sure they have metal washers and if not make sure to put them in. In conclusion, if you want a ski faster than the GP yes go with the RXP, but for a fast non SC ski, I would say go with the GP or maybe a 15f or GTIse 155.
    the honda r-12x goes pretty damn good and SIPS fuel compared to the gp1300r.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
    Just look for a used RXP.

A couple of my friends have gpr. The water we ride in can get ruff at times. They seem to get beat up just as bad as me. So dont let that be the reason you get a 1300. I just got my rxp a couple months ago. It seemed like the only way to go and I couldnt be more happier

Thread Information