Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

speed/handling kit

I have been working on a product that is a keel extension that helps the ski holeshot better, more lift,better handling at high speeds, and better ruff water handling..one thing that I also noticed that at about 78-79 my ski had a slight bobble and now it is gone which allowed my ski to obtain higher speeds.Don't expect to see mind blowing results but, all the littles add up. I will be selling the piece that attachs to the bottom of the hull and the tube of 5200 fast cure to attach it. I have tried over 30 variations to find the "sweet spot" and Iam finally there . I am having a non bias, highly respected tunner to test it and hope to have his results by the end of the week. It has been tested on 2 skis with the same results and hoping the third will be the same.. I will be doing pre-order ( simply put just send me a pm saying if you want one-- no money yet till test3 is done and results are posted)for the next 14 days and already have 40 pieces made ready to go. Yes anybody can slap a keel extension on its finding the right spot,shape and size that works.. I have dropped the price after some much needed advise from Hydrotoys so that most can afford this mod..the price will be $95.00 plus shipping.. Thanks for taking a look. please feel to PM or post any questions that you may have short of what the dimensions are. Thanks Nate
    Last edited by N8R; 05-06-2008 at 11:47 AM.

I know one thing, Nates ski used to bounce, ALWAYS, at 77+ mph..For the last couple months now, nothing you can do will make his ski bounce, and i mean nothing. I have seen Nate literally jump up and down on the tail of his ski trying to get it to bounce, and it wont, and he has NO shims under his tabs, with still a pretty high plate angle..
    Even on his multiple 81.5-82.5 mph passes saturday, it was rock solid.
    I havent tried this yet but am anxious to..Put me on your list for 2 of them Nate...
    Ross

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    I know one thing, Nates ski used to bounce, ALWAYS, at 77+ mph..For the last couple months now, nothing you can do will make his ski bounce, and i mean nothing. I have seen Nate literally jump up and down on the tail of his ski trying to get it to bounce, and it wont, and he has NO shims under his tabs, with still a pretty high plate angle..
    Even on his multiple 81.5-82.5 mph passes saturday, it was rock solid.
    I havent tried this yet but am anxious to..Put me on your list for 2 of them Nate...
    Ross
    +1
    Not only no shims Ross i think he had the tabs machined down a couple hundred thousands so now they are even thinner and it still handles great.

I'll take one. I think you need to put a video up of your ski so they can see how your ski looks at 82+. These will sell like crack!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan K View Post
    I'll take one. I think you need to put a video up of your ski so they can see how your ski looks at 82+. These will sell like crack!
    thanks fellas.. I need one of you to talk to my wife and ask if I am allowed to bring the video camera

how does it affect handling when doing things other than strait line? like when sprining around and just playing in general?

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    You'll have to put me down for one too! I see ross trying to sneak one in on me

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bow tie klr View Post
    how does it affect handling when doing things other than strait line? like when sprining around and just playing in general?
    no problems that I have noticed. might tend to grab a little more but, I cant tell. I had a member test one of the first ones that I did and he said that he also did not noticed any difference in turns etc I dont think he tried to spin with it.. I will however try spinning it this week and see what it does.. thanks nate

cool. thanks for the info. def let me know. also would the lateral forces on the keel cause any potential problems? Just wondering.

thanks again!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    +1
    Not only no shims Ross i think he had the tabs machined down a couple hundred thousands so now they are even thinner and it still handles great.
    +2

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information