Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Exhaust

Cool Best Exhaust

Which is better the Riva Free Flow exhaust with their new Riva Waterbox or eliminate both waterboxes and go with the R Rated's Straight Pipe? With my set up I'm wondering is it worth paying 285 to add the Riva Waterbox or pay 199 to get the R Rated Straight Pipe. I don't race but I am trying to hit that 70+MPH mark. I dont know which set up might give me some extra speed or accelleration or performance gains.
    Last edited by HYNES; 05-05-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Straight pipes are VERY VERY VERY loud....If you are riding on small inland lakes lake partol may be on you cuz of the noise

And I didnt notice much more power going form stock to straight pipe there was a little more pull at mid range but thats about it and maybe a tad more pull on the hole shot

late last summer I had one of my buddys meet me on Lake Michigan and I was out on the lake about 20mins b4 he made it to the local public marina...and the marina is 1.3 miles inland of Lake Michigan you see there is a 1.3 mile channel you have to go through b4 you get to the lake and as he was on his way out he said he could hear my straight pipe at the launch ramps which is 1.3 miles inland.....and I let him ride my Ultra 250 and as he was on it and just a little dot far far away I heard that exhaust and it sounded like it was only a football field away

But many people have said that is sounds great I get complements pretty often

+1
    Riva free flow exhaust sounds great! Also look into Rrated waterbox mod. Then your set.. IMO

I was thinkin either I could take the Riva exhaust off and sell it and just get the straight pipe or keep the Riva exhaust and buy the Riva waterbox, even tho R Rated can modify it and it would be cheaper but i dont like having down time on the ski. I might just wait till summer slows down and send it out or just buy rivas I guess I'll have to see huh. Is there any difference in gains between Rivas Free flow and their waterbox or R Rated modifying the stock waterbox or R Rated's Straight Pipe? Other then sound which will perform better?

+1
    I just had my waterbox done this past weekend. Picked up some RPM's and gave it a nice sound. I never heard the straight pipe yet. As for gains, I never tested before and after.

Scott

I got ya Im just trying to see if its worth paying the 285 for Rivas waterbox or 85 for R Rated to mod the stock one or to just dish out the 200 to get the straight pipe from R Rated. But i just wanted to know if its worth getting any of this because if there is no gains then why even bother ya know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HYNES View Post
    I got ya Im just trying to see if its worth paying the 285 for Rivas waterbox or 85 for R Rated to mod the stock one or to just dish out the 200 to get the straight pipe from R Rated. But i just wanted to know if its worth getting any of this because if there is no gains then why even bother ya know.
    Sound! Nice deep tone.

+1
    I was thinking of using my second water box which is a lot smaller than the first one as the one and only water box, I currently have it removed and use the rrated pipe in its place. It looks like its just a straight thru box with no baffles in it, any thoughts from you peps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    I was thinking of using my second water box which is a lot smaller than the first one as the one and only water box, I currently have it removed and use the rrated pipe in its place. It looks like its just a straight thru box with no baffles in it, any thoughts from you peps.
    I "think" the 2 water boxes are different. The Port side has a water line and the Stbd side dosen't.

+1
    Thanks blue havent looked at the stbd one fully yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information