You cant make this shit up!!! 79malibu's Avatar

3cyl swap in a venture

I have a 96 waveventure & I want to build a sleeper ski with a goal of mid 60's hor hard is an engine swap I see mount holes for a 3 cyl in the hull already does anyone have any input

If the ski you have runs the easyest thing would be to sell it and get a 1100 venture, and take the 1100 insigna off.

if you just have a hull then, check out yamaha FAQ section and look at the service manuals, the waveraider is very close to what you have.

I cant find an 1100 venture for a reasonable price

probably cause the 3 cyl motors are pricey!

+1
    I have an waventure 1100 hull. I also own an gp1200, but the hull is starting to break up beyond repair. i'm planning to place the 1200 engine in the venture hull. Paint it nice and replace the mat and seat cover. I assume that the outerdimensions of the 1200 is the same as the 1100, so it should fit. Also in order to place a three cylinder you gonna need the shimplates from an 1100.

+1
    I started to prep the venture hull for paint. The hood comes off very easy and dissamble in a dime. the only thing hard to remove is the reverse handle. i'm still working on that one. As i notice the 1200 engine drops in easy. But if you got an 700 venture hull, you need an shorter subshaft as the 700 is longer then the 1100. You can try to get one from an junkyard as a new one is exspensive. Like I told you before you gonna need the "extension plate" underneath the support to place the three cyl. engine. It seems to place the engine higher on one side, as there are only two of them placed only on the right side. Also you need to drill three hole is the rear gunwale to place the ignition box if you are going to use an 1200 engine. The 1100 engine had the ignitionbox placed on top of the flywheelcover where the 1200 had it placed on the rear of the gunwale. Other then that it all should fit. as far as I understanded you can make out of an venture an XL as the hull are the same. It's just the hood, seat and rear grabhandle are different, but they fit on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by aruba yamaha View Post
    I started to prep the venture hull for paint. The hood comes off very easy and dissamble in a dime. the only thing hard to remove is the reverse handle. i'm still working on that one. As i notice the 1200 engine drops in easy. But if you got an 700 venture hull, you need an shorter subshaft as the 700 is longer then the 1100. You can try to get one from an junkyard as a new one is exspensive. Like I told you before you gonna need the "extension plate" underneath the support to place the three cyl. engine. It seems to place the engine higher on one side, as there are only two of them placed only on the right side. Also you need to drill three hole is the rear gunwale to place the ignition box if you are going to use an 1200 engine. The 1100 engine had the ignitionbox placed on top of the flywheelcover where the 1200 had it placed on the rear of the gunwale. Other then that it all should fit. as far as I understanded you can make out of an venture an XL as the hull are the same. It's just the hood, seat and rear grabhandle are different, but they fit on each other.
    good info thanks

Thread Information