Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    3,529
    +1
    3

    black magic headers...

    I should have a revised prototype again by wednesday. and produduction shortly there after. They are making a TON OF POWER and you will need to piggyback your fuel. Glenn at R D is working up something for me to include in ever kit. Yes it is a must have due to the extreme performance from them.You ski without it will run extremely lean. Good things are on there way real soon...
    Last edited by The Bandit; 05-06-2008 at 08:46 AM.


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    I should have a revised prototype again by wednesday. and produduction shortly there after. They are making a TON OF POWER and you will need to piggyback your ignition. Glenn at R D is working up something for me to include in ever kit. Yes it is a must have due to the extreme performance from them.You ski without it will run extremely lean. Good things are on there way real soon...
    Sounds good Jason. If we have the RRFPR do you think we will still need the piggy back? I like needing more fuel, you bet.
    Just let me know when i can order the complete setup.
    Jason, that is the loud setup my friend.
    NO HOLDING BACK HERE IN WEST TEXAS.
    Louder the Better.
    If they dont like it on my lake then they can go home. I like to be heard, and cant wait for more noise. Heck, captains call is a must in this part of the world so i want to be sure they here my call coming and going.
    Last edited by skoepp; 05-06-2008 at 02:02 PM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    ... They are making a TON OF POWER and you will need to piggyback your ignition. Glenn at R D is working up something for me to include in ever kit. Yes it is a must have due to the extreme performance from them.You ski without it will run extremely lean.
    Just curious, what does a piggyback ignition do? And why is it needed?

  4. #4
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    i believe jason meant to say piggy back fuel... not ignition... typo

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Not sure what happened to my post, so I'll re-post. . .

    What is a piggy-back ignition and why is it needed?

  6. #6
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Not sure what happened to my post, so I'll re-post. . .

    What is a piggy-back ignition and why is it needed?
    Re-read the first post..

  7. #7
    BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    3,529
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Not sure what happened to my post, so I'll re-post. . .

    What is a piggy-back ignition and why is it needed?
    YOUR ARE PIGGY BACKING YOUR IGNITION TO ALTER THE FUEL PULSE. THE HEADERS MAKE THE ENGINE RUN REAL LEAN. R AND D HAS A POWERSHOT THAT DOES JUST THAT. IT'S PLUG AND PLAY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RD.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	71362  

  8. #8
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    YOUR ARE PIGGY BACKING YOUR IGNITION TO ALTER THE FUEL PULSE. THE HEADERS MAKE THE ENGINE RUN REAL LEAN. R AND D HAS A POWERSHOT THAT DOES JUST THAT. IT'S PLUG AND PLAY
    Jason, so using the RRFPR and checking AFR with gauge will not be sufficent for the headers to keep from running lean.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Sounds good Jason. If we have the RRFPR do you think we will still need the piggy back? I like needing more fuel, you bet.
    Just let me know when i can order the complete setup.
    Jason, that is the loud setup my friend.
    NO HOLDING BACK HERE IN WEST TEXAS.
    Louder the Better.
    If they dont like it on my lake then they can go home. I like to be heard, and cant wait for more noise. Heck, captains call is a must in this part of the world so i want to be sure they here my call coming and going.
    Us old folks will just wear ear plugs! What happened to the sleeper effect?

  10. #10
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    YOUR ARE PIGGY BACKING YOUR IGNITION TO ALTER THE FUEL PULSE. THE HEADERS MAKE THE ENGINE RUN REAL LEAN. R AND D HAS A POWERSHOT THAT DOES JUST THAT. IT'S PLUG AND PLAY

    doesnt engineermike have something like that? (kind of like an electronic version of fpr)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB Black Magic headers
    By boBO in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 10:47 PM
  2. Terminator Rxp With Black Magic Header Set Up
    By TURBO TECH P.R. in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
  3. Installing Black Magic Headers on my RXP
    By skoepp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 06:04 PM
  4. New Black Magic Header
    By miamirider in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
  5. Black Magic Headers now available for pre order
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •