Thread: Fenders/Bumpers

Fenders/Bumpers

With the odd shape, middle wider than the back, of the Speedster/Sportster, I am curious to what everyone has for bumpers/fenders and how they mount them. Thanks for the help

Jeff

I know what you mean! The first time out this year (got the boat in March) I dinged up the registration lettering because I tied the front line to the dock first and it ground the lettering into the dock and put the boat at a weird angle...

Now use these square/hinged fenders... I got them from overtons. I put one on the rear cleat and one on the front bimini clip-on (about middle of the boat) and I make sure that I tie the rear cleat pretty tight to the dock. I always tie the front line last and a little looser to keep the side of the boat against the dock.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view

Sehr excellent, ausgezeichnet! I was just about to put in a Overton's order, and will throw a couple of those in. My boat has taken a beating up against some docks, but I've never wanted to carry around the traditional inflated fenders, for lack of room.

They're handy, that's for sure. I usually store them in the ski compartment since I don't care if they get wet. I had two yellow inflatable fenders, but I lost one in the first time I took the boat out as it was incredibly rough water and my attachment method left something to be desired. They were awkward anyways... since they either jut out at an angle because I tied them close to the cleat or hang below the dock level if I tied them lower... These hinged deals seem to do the trick.

- Cameron

What's wrong can't tie up an egg

I use the same ones with the addition of a fender sock. One tied around the sticks and the other on the dock or near the rear hatch.

Save your money!!! I figured out a easy solution. Go to WalMart and buy a jumbo noodle. Cut it in half and thread a rope thru the center of it. (Cutting it in half will allow you to store it easier.) Now just tie it along side the boat from the front cleat to the rear. It will almost run the length of the boat and the cut will allow you to space it as needed. The dock will never touch. If you still want to use fenders you can or even tie the fenders to the rope as well.

nice idea ,I'm gonna check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by braveit1 View Post
    Save your money!!! I figured out a easy solution. Go to WalMart and buy a jumbo noodle. Cut it in half and thread a rope thru the center of it. (Cutting it in half will allow you to store it easier.) Now just tie it along side the boat from the front cleat to the rear. It will almost run the length of the boat and the cut will allow you to space it as needed. The dock will never touch. If you still want to use fenders you can or even tie the fenders to the rope as well.
    Hey, that is a good idea... I'm going to try that. Thanks.

Thread Information