Finally got to test the new mods out

This was my test info from my first run last year. Poor accelleration, cavitation, slow to plane and a best of 47.6 mph but usually averaged 44 mph.

Date: May 25th, 2005
    Test #1
    Model 2005 Challenger 180 SCIC SeaDoo Sport Boat

Mods:
    * 3" cold air intake
    * Free Flow Exhaust

Conditions:
    Location Emma Lake, SK, Canada
    Altitude 1420 ft.
    Air temp 18*c/64.4F
    Water temp Unkown
    Humidity 70%
    Wind 17kmh/10.5mph

Fuel 1/2 Tank (premium 91 octane)
    Oil Just above 3/4 on notch
    Boost Unknown
    Water Conditions Light Chop
    Occupants 1
    Prop Stock 10/21 (watcon gauge)

Max RPM 7550 RPM
    Peak Speed 47.6 mph

This test day was very similar water conditions but warmer. My first run I couldn't believe the improvement and I'm still only @ 7850rpm, then I made another run and could only turn 7250 and 42mph I checked things out and found my Supercharger outlet coupling had blown off...reconnected it and got my revs and mph back. The accelleration was much better, up on plane time has improved and the top speed has gone up more then I expected and really proves that the rideplate and cooler intake temps make a difference.

I repitched the stock impeller myself changing the leading edge and trailing edge. I plan on taking some more trailing edge pitch out and increasing my leading edge to get my revs up to 8100 rpm and improve the holeshot (still experiencing some cavitation). I really think I can get 53-55mph out of this thing with some impeller work. One thing is for sure..I averaged 49mph with 3 people and 1/2 tank of gas today which is at least a 4mph increase from last year.

I have a skat trak 3 blade 13/17 that I will throw in tonight along with my SS wear ring. I'm real curious as to how that impeller is going to perform. I also installed some Polk Audio 10" subs and Four 6.5" Coaxials...mmmm stereophonic goodness

All in all I can't thank everyone on this site enough...especially Jerry. I would have never been able to accomplish what I have without 4tecPerformance!
    BTW...The dealer couldn't believe that I was able to up the mph on this thing, said it couldn't be done.

Here are my results from today

Date: June 14th, 2006
    Test #2
    Model 2005 Challenger 180 SCIC SeaDoo Sport Boat

Mods:
    *XSPOWER Intercooler (3" plumbing)
    *Rotax Racing Thru-Hull Exhaust (customized to fit boat)
    *4" Kanaflex Cold Air Intake (flow rite outerwear filter)
    *Filled Ride Plate/Intake Grate Holes (permatex ultra black)
    *Stock Impeller 12/19 (yuji repitch)
    *Stock Wear Ring (flipped)

Conditions:
    Location Emma Lake, SK, Canada
    Altitude 1420 ft.
    Air temp 24*c/75.2F
    Water temp Unkown
    Humidity 60%
    Wind 15kmh/9.3mph

Fuel 1/3 Tank (premium 91 octane)
    Oil Just above 3/4 on notch
    Boost Unknown
    Water Conditions Light Chop
    Occupants 1
    Prop Stock with my repitch 12/19 (watcon gauge)

Max RPM 7850 RPM
    Peak Speed 51.8 mph

To all you fellow sportboaters..you are welcom to use my test info as a template, this way we can compare apples to apples. If there is any test info we should add pm me.

Some Pix

My reaction when I lost my revs and mph due to supercharger coupling blowing off

My kid had the same reaction...lol!

It's all good in the neighborhood...supercharger back up and running...I know it's not near the mph some of you pwc guys are seeing but this cowboy is all smiles

Some Stereo Pix

Wired Remote and new HDR-10 Hummingbird Depth Gauge

Puttin' the Polk in SeaDoo Folk! Rear Speakers

Fronts

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    very cool Yuji!! keep up the good work.... impressive gains considering you had no one's footsteps to follow for a sport boat specifically... i'm sure you'll find some more secret sauces to make it faster as you play around with it more.

who knows what could happen with some prop work in that boat .... and a Rotax Racing ECU

PS... how long did it take you to type that post with all the colors and bold lettering and fonts, LOLOL!! man, i can only imagine how long u sat there typing and formatting that. Dedication at its best

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485

PS... how long did it take you to type that post with all the colors and bold lettering and fonts, LOLOL!! man, i can only imagine how long u sat there typing and formatting that. Dedication at its best

Ha ha ha
    I'm still laughing at that Shibby...I must have spent an hour screwing around with the fonts and thought to myself..."Self, if the people who read this only knew how much work it took to make this look purty'"

Thx Shibbs, going out testing tomorrow if it don't rain

+1
    i'm gonna try and rattle up some more sport boat owners and get them on this forum for you ...

you should go on jetboating.net and and be like uhhh guys, have you heard of 4-tecperformance.com ? we can make our boats 10 mph faster with some of their parts and ideas.... that'll get some of em over here start luring them in!

Yeah...I post there once in a while but their board is so old school and clunky
    I also post on seadoosportboats.com which is specific to us sportboaters but there aren't many users there familiar with the mods we're doing and they have alot of boats that are pre-4tec. I contribute as much as I can there and it's a great forum for the average boat user but this place is great for the performance minded and specifically 4tec equipped boats. Between 4tecperformance.com and seadoosportboats.com I hope I can generate enough interest and have the kind of community and support all you pwc guys have

Thats great Yuji! I bet the 4501 RR ECU would work great on there!!!

+1
    that boat is freaken sick man!! i wanna hear that sound system, very cool lookin.

Thread Information