Looking for help with impeller decision. 14/19 15/20 15/19

I just preordered almost all of Rivas Stage 3 parts that I am missing but decided not to go with the skat 3 blade impeller they are recommending, yet. Im trying to make a decision on what the best route will be for the ski. From my understanding and little time Ive been here I learned that 3 blades don't hook up as good as 4 blades and that 3 blades usually make the ski a little bit faster on top but not worth the loss in acceleration, is this true? I still dont have the pitch thing down exactly but Im wondering why Riva went from a 15/20 with their stg 2 to a 15/19 with their stg 3 (3 Blades)? Does a Billet Nose Cone make a difference and if so what, someone told me they made a reasonable difference on GPs but I have no idea if this is true or what affect they have compared to what solas uses. With all that being said when I finally get the parts on and need to get rid of my 14/19 what should I do? Keep in mind that the riva skat one is still an option per Rivas recommendation and seems like the right way to go but negative feedback on the setup have stopped me from ordering it just yet and other reputable performance shops have even told me that a 14/19 is all I will ever need, so that is still an option. Im just looking for the best way to go off of experience and then mess with pitch and get it dialed in just right along with the steering nozzle rings.

bump

+1
    You cant compare 4 blade and 3 blade pitch.

This 3 blade will hook up better, accelerate better and deliver more top speed than a 4 blade 14/19 or 15/20.

You won't be able to hook up out of the hole with the 4-blade if you are going the Riva stage 3 route. Riva did their homework on the the 15/19 3-blade that they speced. You should expect very good results with it.

I figured that the best way to go was with their setup but some of the topics here threw me off.

Thread Information