Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Called RIVA about Waterbox

I called today to inquire about getting their new waterbox to maybe get a lil more out of this beast. He said that the new waterbox is more for the 08's because the 08's primary waterbox is different then the 07's, he also said that the stock 07 primary box is similar to their new one meant for the 08's. I guess he just saved me the $285 for wasting my time on buying that. He said that their coming out with their own sponsons with some speed gains because right now their selling R&D's and he said their working on a bunch more stuff and to keep checking their website. Any suggestions and does all that stuff about the waterbox sound right? I thought their waterbox could give you a lil gain of some sort?

If Dave Bambas saw this he would fall out of his chair.

Lets get some things figured out for you.

The Riva Water box is a special design for many reasons. One is that it has the same entry and exit size as an 07 primary but much different inside. Sure you could cut open your 07 and mimic the Riva box but it would cost you and its a modification that is not reversible.

The water box was designed for both 07 and 08 in mind and Dyno for maximum performance gains possible on exhaust modifications.

Also Riva has sponsons, I thinking the word was "intake grate". I truly dont think Riva is selling R&D sponsons.

is the riva waterbox a gutted waterbox?

Yep!

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Ya, I was gonna say that doesn't sound like Riva Sales team....They could sell square wheels over there and be profitable. (that's a compliment by the way)

No it was RIVA heres the number I called, 1 800 241 4544, and exactly what I wrote was what was told to me. I have no reason to make this up and I knew it didn't sound right thats why I posted it on here.

As for a name I couldn't tell you I just told him what I had on my ski and asked about their Bypass Upgrade kit because I'm debating whether I should get thiers or R&D's Cool Air Intake Kit to go with my Riva Intake Kit, and then I asked about the waterbox and he asked me which year I had and said that the 07's is different from the 08's waterbox and that the one their selling is similar to the 07's and there is no gains from getting it and I said thanks because you just saved me a lot of $$$ and that was the end of the conversation.

+1
    There are no baffles in the RIVA box i figure based on Skip's acknowlegement to the term "gutted". If so, then it is clearly different than the '07 box - as it does have significant baffling.

Can anyone else confirm that there are no baffles in the RIVA box and post how deep the front/rear inlet and outlet tubes penetrate inside the outer wall of the box? Pics?

+1
    there is no baffles in the riva box . with out cutting apart the riva box ,the tubes look to be at the same depths as the stock water box .

+1
    Thanks R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information